Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i need help ladies PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

so a couple weeks ago cps came to my house. they got claims i was leaving my dd's (19 months and 8 months) alone for hours at a time and our apartment was wall to wall feces. the guy who came out, after meeting my husband and me, could tell they were crazy ridiculous claims and that was that. i knew who called i was almost positive of it. its a lady who works at the leasing office of the apartment. she had a little argument with dh like not even a week earlier. i spoke with the manager of the complex last Monday and he assured me that it goes through lawyers and stuff they wouldn't do anything like that. well tonight we were outside with our dog (not even 10 ft from the girls bedroom window) and a neighbor comes up with her dog we had never talked to her before i mention i have the two girls and she said oh you're the people who had that cps thing. said they came and talked to her she said she didn't really know us but we seemed nice etc. then dh says were almost sure it was the lady at the leasing office and she said she was talking to the maintenance guy who is really close with the lady at the leasing office and he said yea i know who called. now I'm more sure than ever it was the lady at the leasing office and I'm ready to blow up. I'm glad i found out at night cuz if i would of heard that this morning i would of gone down there and just gone off on her. I'm having a hard time getting over the anger. i cant even sleep its 4 am and i cant get my mind off this. how do you just forget someone tried to take your babies away? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebcarroll
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I had someone call the police once.  She told the Police I was beating my children in a parking lot.  Which was odd, I had only gone to one store that day, and we had had fun and got in the car and went home.  NO issues.  But the police show up at my door that evening.  I was embarrassed and devastated.  I explained that NOTHING had happened that day, and the police officer apologised and said that they have to check out every call they get. 

I am sure in your case, she is not trying to get your children removed, she is trying to get you to move.

Actually, my experience  made it really hard for me to call on an acquaintance who I knew was beating and locking up her kids.  Just in case I was wrong.  But then I think of all those kid who just wish someone had called to help them.  But, in the process, those of us who are doing a good job, get caught up in the safety net.

Since then, I feel like everyone is judging every choice I make with my children in public.  AM I being too mean, letting them get away with too much for fear that someone might think I am abusing them, are they warm enough, are they too warm, is everyone gonna think they need coats even though they don't want to wear them... and on and on.

nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You might consider contacting a lawyer.

In some states there are penalties for making false claims.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry you are going through this:(

CoeyG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM

While I agree this would piss me off as well there really isn't much you can do unless you want to be served with eviction papers and a law suit.  My advice is to grow a thicker skin and if you can, move your family out of there.  

mylittlelife82
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Now that cps has been to your house and can visibly see that the claims were false, try not to worry. You get what you give out in this world. I truly believe that if you give blessings out, you will receive blessings; send cursings out, you will receive cursings. Don't uproot your family because of one person unless you already want to move. I have to share this really quickly...my boyfriend and I were trying to program my stereo a couple of weeks ago...a police officer came up behind my parked car. He got out and said that someone made an anonymous call reporting seeing me stuff a dead body in the trunk of my car. My boyfriend laughed and popped the trunk. The police officer chuckled and complimented me on my jedi-mind powers in being able to move the body so quickly. Soon after he left, we saw some tweenage kids laughing @ us with their cell phones. We waved and they took off on their skate boards. I know that the two stories don't have anything to do with anything except that you can choose to look at someone making a false report on you and let it fester and build inside of you...or, you can laugh it off and know..."you didn't succeed!" I'm still living here happy as a lark with my family. Best of luck to you momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I would go talk to her in a nice manner and just be like so what is your problem with me to go and call cps bold just like that.

salamandersmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM

YOU DON'T EVER GET OVER IT.  A similar thing happened to us years ago, and I am still furious and hurt and defensive about it.  We were living in an apartment building, and one apartment was vacant.  The people who lived there had moved and left all their garbage in the apartment, and the patio door open.  There was rotten food, and mice got in and infested the building.  We complained to the management, that we could see mice running in and out of that apartment, under the door, at all hours of the day and night.  The management refused to clean it until they found someone new to rent the unit, and of course being full of rotten food and garbage and mice, that was not going to happen any time soon!!  So, we called the health department to ask what to do.  And, when the health department people came to investigate, the management got revenge by calling all of the families with kids in for abuse and filthy conditions.  When CPS showed up, many of us had been boxing our things up, preparing to move because of the mice.  We had to deal with CPS for MONTHS, because of this...  It was just disgusting and aggrevating, and hurtful and embarassing.  These things HURT YOU on a very deep level.  They shake your confidence.  Its especially hurtful when you are not doing anything wrong, and are doing your level best for your kids and family.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, sorry that happened. That would piss me off too but honestly, going after her isn't going to help anything. It'll just make you look bad.

What I would do is go out of my way to smile at her and be nice and happy. That'll kill her.

rlk121909
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:44 PM

i want her to know that i know what she did. i want her to know how she hurt me. i never realized how mean people really are till i became a parent. i was always so optimistic and now it seems like everyone is twofaced and evil

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

Wow, sorry that happened. That would piss me off too but honestly, going after her isn't going to help anything. It'll just make you look bad.

What I would do is go out of my way to smile at her and be nice and happy. That'll kill her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Everyone Is A Genius But If You Judge A Fish By Its Ability To Climb A Tree It Will Spend Its Whole Life Believing It Is Stupid ~ Einstein

Sate
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Quoting rlk121909:

She already knows what she did but I wouldn't let her think she hurt you. I'd act like it was nothing and casually mention how cps laughed at the whole thing. Don't give her what she wants. She's a bully. If you give her what she wants she'll keep doing it, but you're better than that and better than her. I wouldn't ive her that satisfaction.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)