Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what kind of dog would you say this is?

Posted by   + Show Post

this is the mom, she was found behind a shop, pregnant

this is her 8 wk old pup(the others have been adopted already)

" I believe she is some type of Cur mix I have no idea what the sire(s) were. This girl is marked like a red dobie. She is chocolate with brindle feet and green eyes."

how are these types of dogs? i have a 14 month old, a rough 4 yr old and a 5.5 yr old

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (21-23):
DarlaHood
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:18 AM

If it's a mutt, they do generally have good temperaments and are hearty.  Spaying her before first heat reduces risks of cancer and encourages more mature behavior.  You have to observe her with people, dogs, etc.  to know how she will act.  And often times you can't tell the breed.  I have a black and white dog that looks like a border collie, and her mother is a full on golden retriever. She has zero traits of her mothers.  Don't know who the dad was.

Check to make sure she doesn't guard food or resources agressively.  You should be able to take toys from her, and take food from her.  You should be able to put your hand in her food dish, pick up some food, and feed her out of your kids hands safely.  If you don't know the warning signs for agression, test with an object before you put your hand down to grab her food bowl while she's eating. 

ncohetero
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:26 AM
It looks like a pitt bull mixed with a Labrador retriever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I don't know but she's cute:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN