Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do people still believe in marriage?

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
  • 38 Replies
Do u still believe in marriage? If so how do u keep your marriage going or how do you make it work? How long have you been married?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, communication, good sex, laughter, crying, honesty, we've been married 28 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:35 PM

13 years yesterday. Key...communication and making sure you show love to him even in small ways DAILY.  

CoeyG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Yes I still believe in marriage, but not for me.  I should't have gotten married when I did but my ex and I wouldn't have been able to handle the finances if we didn't and something came up.  OOPS we got married for financial purposes rather than "true love" LOL.   

seraphimsong
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Yep! Communication, good sex, date nights, honesty - been married 7 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:07 PM
some due some don't..
Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont 'believe' in marriage in some aspects.
i am married.  my marriage is just a few months shy of 12 years old lol.
it works because we are dedicated to each other and our family and it works because even in the difficult times we know we are better together than apart...and that a rough time is just that.. a rough time - not the end of it all.

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Married seven years, together nine. We make time for each other... We have a couple of current shows that we both enjoy. We TiVo them and watch together after the boys are asleep. We also take interest in the others hobby... Not that we join the other person but like, I love to scrapbook, my hubby will ask to see what I've been working on, or find a funny set of stickers and surprise me or ask me to make a card for him for someone. I don't really enjoy computer programming, but if my hubby writes a game I'll play it, or ask what he's working on and listen and actively pay attention to him. We also make sure to thank one another for routine stuff, for instance if I make dinner, he'll thank me for cooking. Or if he cleans out the cat box I notice and thank him.
HeartofGold
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I do believe in marriage but I feel being single is much better. I have been on both sides of the fence and the grass truly is greener on the single side :).

by Beckie on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Absolutely.  Love is a decision.  

Communication.  Showing love in the little things.  Sex.  Hugs and kisses.  Showing interest.  Giving space.  FORGIVING!!!!!!  Being friends.  Honesty.  Humor.  

We've been married 13+ years.  :)

Mommy_Jellybean
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I believe in marriage but I am going to be divorced within the next 6 months. Long story, but he was unfaithful and abusive.

I believe in a marriage like my grandparents have. Loving, honest, trusting, and faithful... I will have that someday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)