Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

do people still believe in marriage?

Do u still believe in marriage? If so how do u keep your marriage going or how do you make it work? How long have you been married?
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM
My parents celebrated 30years together today. I learned a lot from them (didn't use any of it in my first marriage) but communication is key.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Definitely believe in marriage for myself and hubby.  We've only been married for three years, but keep our marriage happy by having a wonderful sex life, being best friends, supporting and loving each other no matter what, communicating our feelings, giving and receiving, and we share the same values as far as our religious beliefs, and being gentle and loving parents.  I love my hubby more and more as I see him in different roles in his life; he is an amazing father, so involved, patient and loving with our son.  I'm amazed for someone who has never been around kids my hubby is a natural; it is amazing to watch the bond they have.

AMR320
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Yes. I have been married almost 9 years (in Jan). Communication, taking divorce off the table so there is no other choice but to work it out, trust, supporting each other. It takes work on both sides but we feel it is worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Talk TALK TALK! I know it sounds corny but communication is key. We talk about EVERYTHING! We never keep our feeling inside, and stay mad at each other, we let it out, and talk about it. There isn't yelling in my house, because we sit and talk about it. 
Also, everything is half.
I wash and dry the laundry, he folds and puts it away.
I load the dishwasher, he puts it away clean.

It has always been that way, and I can't imagine it any other way. We have been married almost 8 years now.  

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM
5yrs and going strong.

Communication, honesty (even if the truth hurts), support, sex, time alone.

We have good sex, communicate about everything the good the bad and ugly. I support his job and do my role as a sahm. We each have our "roles" with the home and children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I was married more than 20 years, we were together for 25 ...I am so much happier being single again.  I was on my own for 10 years before we got married, never gonna do that again although my daughter was the best part of it.  

peaches_04
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
People dont?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
My husband is never home so no fighting lmao.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Yep. Been married 28 years. Understanding, communication. Commitment. Trust is huge also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Congrats!

Op do I believe in marriage? I believe in mine. :)

And agree with marchantmom.

Communication snd sex are key for us. And teamwork. It's been 5 years married, 7 together.

And started off not great lol. We're only going up.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Yes, communication, good sex, laughter, crying, honesty, we've been married 28 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)