Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eating in front of the TV

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi all!

Do you let your kid eat in front of the TV? Iet my girl have breakfast in front of the TV in the morning while I get ready. It feels like bad education to me - no attention to food taste and amount, eating more just to get more TV time... you name it. But else, I do need these 20 min to get ready in the morning...what should I do? 

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
KairisMama
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. We all enjoy breakfast to weekend cartoons. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barefootmommi
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:57 PM
We eat our meals at the table but they do sometimes eat snacks in front of the tv ~ only if I'm really busy and I say go ahead and grab a snack out of the kitchen watch a show till I'm done. It's not really a normal thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM

No. All food is kept in the kitchen and they eat their meals at the table. Sometimes they are allowed dry snacks in front of the tv for a special occasion, like my sisters (I'm my siblings guardian) allowed to have food when her friends come over to watch scary movies on Halloween, but besides that, no food or drinks outside the kitchen besides water. Just have her eat at the table while you're getting ready, if she finished before you are done, then have her play with her toys for a few minutes while you are finishing.

amber710
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Wow. You just made me feel so bad. We don't even have a table in our dining room anymore because it was never getting used and we decided to turn the room into something else. Half of our living is a couple couches around the TV, the other half is a small table and some chairs. We almost always eat at that small table or in front of the TV. Always have.

sreichelt26
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM
We always eat on front of the tv, always have. Didn't change when we had a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tyler0102
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM
We do sometimes. Mostly because I dont have a table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM

We have always done either...no big deal here as long as they clean  their mess up

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Right now we are eating in front of the tv.  We moved and needed to buy a new dining room set.  Connor eats at the coffee table for breakfast, but no tv is on.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

ida123
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

My kids not eating in front of tv.

mitchiesgirl
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Sure, not all but many dinners are in front of the tv... We don't use dinner time to talk (namely bc when my oldest was younger he always wanted to talk while he happened to have food in his mouth... He thought it was funny lol). We watch family friendly shows or movies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured