Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Wth

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
Is my SIL talking about? We are in the processing of moving to Alaska via ferry, anyways my oldest DD will have to be pulled from school for traveling to our new house. My SIL thinks its ok to stick her nose in our business and tell us we will be charged for Truency because my daughter will be missing more the 7 days of school which is not our fault, Im not gonna leave her behind because its such a long travel..where the hell she get this from.
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malley
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Is she trying to get you to leave your dd with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM

You wouldn't get in trouble for moving your dd...?? she is nuts. You tell the school you will be moving and they cant do nothing. I know if a child misses so many days without reason then you can be fined or have to go to court but that is normal when a child is skipping school or the parents don't make there kids go to school again without reason.

love-my-tween
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Yes, and you will be welcomed into Alaska by being arrested.  haha.  Serioiusly, I'm assuming if you are moving "to" Alaska then you are moving from a different state.  If that's the case, then how would she be missing more than 7 days of school from her old school when she won't even be enrolled?  Don't forget to get her school records for enrollment in her new school.  Nobody is going to be in trouble.  Enjoy your new house! 

emmy526
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

ignore her...maybe she's just jealous and trying to start drama...

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Pfffft! Your sil is nuts. When we moved cross country it took us 10 days to drive it, with a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Plus dh was military, so legally they can only drive so many hours straight and he signed like 15 papers to that effect ... Also we couldn't enroll her in a new school till we got assigned housing and that took a bit. She missed probably 3 weeks and I was never arrested nor taken to court. You could ask the old school for some assignments for the interim period, but your sil is nuts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I would just laugh in her face and tell her to go bother someone else with her stupidity.

Mommy3478
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Quoting elzmnsf:

Pfffft! Your sil is nuts. When we moved cross country it took us 10 days to drive it, with a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Plus dh was military, so legally they can only drive so many hours straight and he signed like 15 papers to that effect ... Also we couldn't enroll her in a new school till we got assigned housing and that took a bit. She missed probably 3 weeks and I was never arrested nor taken to court. You could ask the old school for some assignments for the interim period, but your sil is nuts!

we are military also with a 8 ,5, 3 and 1 year old so it's gonna take a bit to drive to Washington then catch a ferry, and then to our base I just wanna give us enough time.. This lady is just really pissing me off.. Doesn't know a damn thing about army life n how they work..
Mommy3478
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Quoting Malley:

Is she trying to get you to leave your dd with her?

No she's just a bitch who thinks she knows it all.
squeekers
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:47 PM

if you are in the mode of traveling to your new home, and both school districts are informed, neither one should consider your DD truant. you are moving.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Let her crap roll off you like water off a windshield. Nobody would arrest or take kids from a military family on a pcs because it took more than a week. You can't even enroll the kid in school till you secure housing! And driving 20 hours a day isn't safe. Are you moving away from her, so maybe she's just sad that she won't see the kids? Or is she just blowing crap your way via phone/ Internet? If it's the latter, stop answering and reading it. Either way, enjoy! I have always wanted to go to Alaska!

Quoting Mommy3478:

Quoting elzmnsf:

we are military also with a 8 ,5, 3 and 1 year old so it's gonna take a bit to drive to Washington then catch a ferry, and then to our base I just wanna give us enough time.. This lady is just really pissing me off.. Doesn't know a damn thing about army life n how they work..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)