Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I have a 3 year old and 10 month old..What do you do entertain your kids all day w/o placing them in front of the TV?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 20 Replies

i have a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I'm running out of ideas to entertain my children. Any advice or  suggestions. What do you do to entertain your all day w/o using the tv?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Coloring
Watercolors
Walks
Ds plays ipad
Books
We sword@axe fight with nerf toys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

They entertain themselves some and did at those ages. They don't need constant stimulation and sometimes just chilling out is good for them with their own imagination to make up a game for the 3 year old and with the other, some blocks or just crawling around and exploring.  

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Outside and walks work best for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

When the weather was nice, we would pack a picnic and go to the park and stay there for hours. Go in the morning, stay until after lunch, then come back and give them a nap, and then you only have a couple of hours to entertain them until dinner. 

When the weather was bad, we did watch a lot of tv, but my dd would often play while the tv was on, so sometimes it wound up being more like background noise.

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Playgroup. We left everyday to go to playdate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Also, my dd and I used to do a lot of arts and crafts projects, well sometimes they were specific projects, and sometimes I just gave her various art supplies and let her make whatever she wanted with it.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

library reading time

park

rec center

chores around the house..yard

projects...right now we are refinishing a desk

painting

crafts

coloring

games

connorsmom2009
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:47 AM

BUMP!

Sunshine257
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:50 AM
I go park hopping lol we have seven parks walking distance from the house. That or feed the ducks. Color play puzzles read books. Go for walks. We use to have a sand box so we will be getting one he use to love going out and playing with the sand box.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vivian1234
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:58 AM

coloring books,walking in the garden or crawling arround. there is a lot of fun thing to do with your kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)