Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 3 year old and 10 month old..What do you do entertain your kids all day w/o placing them in front of the TV?

i have a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I'm running out of ideas to entertain my children. Any advice or  suggestions. What do you do to entertain your all day w/o using the tv?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
ncohetero
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:29 AM
My daughter just plays with her tablet or with the toys in her room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:56 AM
I have an 11month old daughter,
We have soo Many toys soo it's not hard,she also has a laptop that says the alphabets she loves it,when she does watch t.v it's something educational,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Blocks, dress ups, trucks and cars, playing outside, arts and crafts for the older, reading, music and dancing around...

kaffedrikke
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Water play is fun. I fill.a pan with water then give out floaty toys. Shaving cream finger painting or clean mud made with water and toilet paper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM

There are classes for the 3-yr-old, music, gymboree, yoga, that kind of thing. You can bring the 10-month-old along. Also, storytime at the library. We don't have TV anymore and we don't miss it.  Read to the kids, they can play together, go for walks, to the playground, take them out to lunch if it's not too hard, playdates, art projects for the older one...

puertoricangeek
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If your kitchen is tile/linolium it is great to give them paper, crayons, markers, paint and let them go for it. If you have any boxes of loud toys those usually work pretty well. At that age they hav dso much imagination.

piwife
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Well we watch tv, color , paint, bake, watch a movie, play. Most times my 3 yr old likes to be left alone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermomwife09
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:14 PM

coloring,painting,play outside,go to the park,walk the dogs and make playdates with my best friend's son. sometimes I even spread my errands out over a couple days to have something different to do everyday

momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Coloring, play-doh, finger painting, board games, build a fort, line chairs up and pretend its a train or whatever, hide and seek, bake something, my son loves for me to put vinegar and baking soda in a 2 liter bottle and put a balloon on top and watch it blow up, go to the park, play outside. There's many things to do.
mollysmom212
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 4:07 AM

look for a MOPS (mothers of prescchoolers) group in your area

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured