Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im sort of worried because I got tested for gbs and It came back positive :( I was hoping nothing would be wrong with this pregnancy.... Has anyone ever gotten a positive test for gbs?? If so is ur baby ok?? I'm worried a little :( did u have it after pregnancy too??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
ms.roxxiepink
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
@xoxRachelxox :) happy it goes away after the baby!! Thanks not worried any more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aurora-Dove
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I was positive and baby was very healthy. only issue was that water broke early due to a fall a month early, he wasn't in position and I ended up having to have a c section because I was running out of fluid, labor wasn't starting and he was nowhere close to right position and didn't want to risk him getting gbs especially being premature. they typically just infuse you with antibiotics during labor. risk of baby actually getting it is very low. hang in there! The complication wasn't because of.gbs though. DS is now 19 months old and only illness he's ever had is a runny nose and had a viral fever/rash once but was gone in a few days. his sis brought that one.home from school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeGrace17
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I am a carrier of the group B strep. They just gave me some antibiotics in an IV during labor. It was no big deal.

ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:14 PM
It's very common. I was GBS+ with both pregnancies. Both times I had IV antibiotics during labor. Both my girls are as healthy as can be at 3 yrs and 6 yrs old.

Quoting ncohetero:

That's actually pretty common. They will just run an iv while you're in labor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mna_823
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Me. I took IV fluid DD is fine (she's 4).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.roxxiepink
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:42 AM
Just wondering does it come with any side effects like burning vagina sensation itch or discharge??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM
No. It's normal flora for a percentage of the population, so it doesn't cause symptoms.

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

Just wondering does it come with any side effects like burning vagina sensation itch or discharge??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyCulp4
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM
The baby will be fine.
MommyCulp4
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

@xoxRachelxox :) happy it goes away after the baby!! Thanks not worried any more

Group b doesn't go away after pregnancy. Its something you carry. But its treatable to an extent to make sure baby doesn't get it.
mamaeagle216
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM
You just get a shot before labor or something in an Iv. I didn't have to do it because I had a c section but I was find and so was my daughter. Nothing to worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured