Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Im sort of worried because I got tested for gbs and It came back positive :( I was hoping nothing would be wrong with this pregnancy.... Has anyone ever gotten a positive test for gbs?? If so is ur baby ok?? I'm worried a little :( did u have it after pregnancy too??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (21-26):
ms.roxxiepink
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM
I am worried because besides testing positive I feel a burning sensation down there in my vaginal area... It just comes and goes ... I also had a lot of discharge when I checked... I'm calling my doctors office tomorrow ... I just hope it's nothing serious :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I am a strep carrier you will be fine and so will the baby. They will give you a shot and IV before you give birth.

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

Im sort of worried because I got tested for gbs and It came back positive :( I was hoping nothing would be wrong with this pregnancy.... Has anyone ever gotten a positive test for gbs?? If so is ur baby ok?? I'm worried a little :( did u have it after pregnancy too??

ms.roxxiepink
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Are u still a carrier after giving birth? Any symptoms like a burning feeling on ur vagina?? Or vaginal pain ???

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

I am a strep carrier you will be fine and so will the baby. They will give you a shot and IV before you give birth.

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I'm a carrier for life I have no symptoms at all. 

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

Are u still a carrier after giving birth? Any symptoms like a burning feeling on ur vagina?? Or vaginal pain ???

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Quoting ms.roxxiepink:

aidenmomplus4
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup all the ladies are right, my doctor said that 1 and 4 woman have this and usually it's never cause for alarm, you get antibodies and your baby will be fine. 

saral2790
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

i didn't have it but i know a couple people who did. it's more common than you think. all they do is put antibiotics in an iv. it won't harm the baby if you're worried about that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)