Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My daughter and her biting

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
So plz remember before I start I start my story. That I never bf my daughter. But she started biting me last week. But it was ramdom, and when she bites me its on the side of my boob. She doesn't bite anyone else. So my question to everyone is why? I'm sorry if this sounds weird. Sorry about my spelling
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
piwife
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM
How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylizTB2809
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:41 PM
13 months
jesuschild06
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Did you breast feed?

mommylizTB2809
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Quoting jesuschild06:

Did you breast feed?

No, I'm sorry if this comes out mean I don't want to but I said that. In the first line ( bf )
robyann
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Not sure why she would be doing that, but when she does it act very upset, and like your crying. Get her to feel bad for you, tell her that hurts you and ask her to give you a hug, make a very sad face. Then after the hug, smile and tell her thank you for the hug, you love hugs, but not biting.

jesuschild06
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM

oops, so missed that ! she could have seen someone else breastfeeding, tv or in real life and since she never had been breast fed, just views it as biting. 

Also, I likewhat robyann said. Act like youre crying. You could also have her bite herself if the pretending to cry doesnt work. shes not to young to understand that. when she bites you, tell her it hurts and then put her arm to her open mouth and press up on her chin and tell her to bite. Obviously dont press hard enough to draw blood or anything. but enough that she gets that quick feeling of a bite. She is to young to understand that if you bite her (which some parents will do) is the same thing as when she bites you, but if she can cause pain on herself from her mouth, then shell understand that she can cause pain on you from her mouth.

Hope it helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)