Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

depression?!? plz help.....

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 36 Replies
has ne1 been experiencing depression att all? i am a mother
of 3. pregnant with my 4th. have been pregnant pretty much
since march 2010. with like 2 months in between each
pregnancy. all of them delivered by csections. i am living with
my boyfriends mom & it is extremely stressful. they have
dogs & the biggest one bit my son once. i have issues with all the dog hair (it is literally in evrythn u eat!) i cant work cuz
of my pregnancy & i go nuts sitn at home with the kids all
day. i also have seasonal depression in winter. i dont have
finances to move or i wud. i try to make it by evryday, bt i cry.
evryday. it never fails. between the stresses off one day &
the depression i have been fighting, idk how much longer i can do this! im aware that ntmany ppl r in this situation, bt is
ne1 depressed? is it normal 2 b depressed like this? 2 this
extent.... i need help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM

It sounds as though in your circumstances it would be normal to feel sad and depressed. You might try to find if there is some government program that would help you find a place of your own. Good luck!

GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM
thanks. i have tried to do so. no luck given certain things such as my county wnt help me move 2 another county etc.... its a bunch of bull bt idk how much a can take!

Quoting Bmat:

It sounds as though in your circumstances it would be normal to feel sad and depressed. You might try to find if there is some government program that would help you find a place of your own. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love-my-tween
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I suffer depression.  I believe my depression is a bit different from yours though.  I have a few comments for you, and I hope you don't hate me for them.  I just simply want you to think about your situation.  First, you are pregnant with your 4th child, yet you aren't married.  Is your boyfriend the father of all of your children?  Second, you live with your boyfriend's mother.  She has dogs.  If you don't like the hair and if the dog bit your son, then why are you living there?  I understand there is a financial issue.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Third, I have some birth control advice for you.  There is a thing called a birth control pill.  If for some reason you can't take the pill, there is something called an IUD.  There are also condoms.

I'm sorry you are depressed.  I really do understand.  However, I think you have brought it on yourself versus a chemical imbalance.  Slow down on the baby making.  Oh...Do you work?   

lilbit04
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Wow way to be sympathetic...she asked for advice not for you to give her hell geez.

As far as the depression I've been there I'm currently pregnant with my 4th as well and stuck at the house can't work myself bc I'm high risk, I talked to my dr today about how I was feeling and he gave me a few suggestions. He also prescribed me something to take but I really don't want to take anti-depressants while being pregnant. Talk to your dr next time you see them, they have programs out there that can help. Mine also set me up with someone to talk to, to see if that helps. Good luck mama hope u feel better soon.

Quoting love-my-tween:

Yes, I suffer depression.  I believe my depression is a bit different from yours though.  I have a few comments for you, and I hope you don't hate me for them.  I just simply want you to think about your situation.  First, you are pregnant with your 4th child, yet you aren't married.  Is your boyfriend the father of all of your children?  Second, you live with your boyfriend's mother.  She has dogs.  If you don't like the hair and if the dog bit your son, then why are you living there?  I understand there is a financial issue.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you.  Third, I have some birth control advice for you.  There is a thing called a birth control pill.  If for some reason you can't take the pill, there is something called an IUD.  There are also condoms.

I'm sorry you are depressed.  I really do understand.  However, I think you have brought it on yourself versus a chemical imbalance.  Slow down on the baby making.  Oh...Do you work?   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
#1... that hand does not feed me. i feed myself. i have to supply all my own shit. this is a roof over my head. not food in my mouth! it wasnt my choice 2 live here. i had nowhere else to go as the house i was renting b4 living here had mold in it & the landlord wud nt fix it! dnt judge a book by its cover when u know nothin of the contents inside!

#2... i dnt think how many kids i have is any of your concern! i come from a big family! i wud rather my children have the same childhood experiences with all the family like i did than be so lonely!

#3... shove ur advice on birth control. fyi, my bf got fixed & it wasnt until after that we found out he had done it a bit too late! either way, ALL OF MY CHILDREN ARE BLESSINGS AND I LOVE & WILL LOVE THEM WITH EVRY OUNCE OF MY BEING!! FORNOW,FOREVER&ALWAYS!!!

#4.... me working has nothing to do with this. & i believe i stated that i am unable 2 work due 2 the pregnancy!

#5.... a bit more information for you... i have been diagnosed with depression since i was 14! so yes, there is a chemical imbalance there! so nxt time u wna fricken come at a person like u r betr & u kno evrythn, think again! u kno NOTHING of what i have been thru! u know NOTHING of what i will go thru! you also know NOTHING of the things i have tried & will continue 2 try & do 2 get my family out of this situation!!!!!

Quoting love-my-tween:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ida123
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Seek help from the government, your situation is very hard especially you are pregnant.

GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM
thank you! i hear shit like that all the time... having 4 kids makes me low class etc etc. i dnt give a shit. i owe them no explanation & jus cuz the 2 kids they have drive them up the walls dnt mean i cant handle my 4! & also, i dnt wna take nethn while pregnant either. heard 2 many bad things can happen. & i am going to dr tmrw 2 talk about that & sum othr issues that worry! ( i have to have csection again, 4th time, but 3rd time in last 2 yrs.. i wna know what the percentages r & what not) i will b sure & bring it up then.....

Quoting lilbit04:

Wow way to be sympathetic...she asked for advice not for you to give her hell geez.

As far as the depression I've been there I'm currently pregnant with my 4th as well and stuck at the house can't work myself bc I'm high risk, I talked to my dr today about how I was feeling and he gave me a few suggestions. He also prescribed me something to take but I really don't want to take anti-depressants while being pregnant. Talk to your dr next time you see them, they have programs out there that can help. Mine also set me up with someone to talk to, to see if that helps. Good luck mama hope u feel better soon.

Quoting love-my-tween:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
have tried family services & salvation army... no luck. idk where else to turn!

Quoting ida123:

Seek help from the government, your situation is very hard especially you are pregnant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love-my-tween
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

#1... that hand does not feed me. i feed myself. i have to supply all my own shit. this is a roof over my head. not food in my mouth! it wasnt my choice 2 live here. i had nowhere else to go as the house i was renting b4 living here had mold in it & the landlord wud nt fix it! dnt judge a book by its cover when u know nothin of the contents inside!

#2... i dnt think how many kids i have is any of your concern! i come from a big family! i wud rather my children have the same childhood experiences with all the family like i did than be so lonely!

#3... shove ur advice on birth control. fyi, my bf got fixed & it wasnt until after that we found out he had done it a bit too late! either way, ALL OF MY CHILDREN ARE BLESSINGS AND I LOVE & WILL LOVE THEM WITH EVRY OUNCE OF MY BEING!! FORNOW,FOREVER&ALWAYS!!!

#4.... me working has nothing to do with this. & i believe i stated that i am unable 2 work due 2 the pregnancy!

#5.... a bit more information for you... i have been diagnosed with depression since i was 14! so yes, there is a chemical imbalance there! so nxt time u wna fricken come at a person like u r betr & u kno evrythn, think again! u kno NOTHING of what i have been thru! u know NOTHING of what i will go thru! you also know NOTHING of the things i have tried & will continue 2 try & do 2 get my family out of this situation!!!!!

Quoting love-my-tween:

I don't care how many kids you have so long as you can support them.  On your dime.  Not the government's dime. 
love-my-tween
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Quoting lilbit04:

Quoting love-my-tween:

So we are supposed to be sympathetic?  Well, I am sympathetic to her depression.  I really am.  Depression sucks.  I need to learn to keep my thoughts to myself about the rest of the story I guess.  It's all about choices.  Geez.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)