Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Trying for another child.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM
  • 3 Replies
My daughter is 13 months old. My husband and I want to try to get pregnant again. So when I get pregnant. I don't want my daughter to act bad or jealous or thing like that. So what should we do. My husband's cousin's wife was pragnant last year with there 2. And there oldest ( there 1st child ) act bad. When say bad ( she was 2 ) she would throw things, talk back, things like that. I'm sorry I didn't want that to sound bad or mean, I just didn't know how to word it. The thing that makes me a little scared, is when I can't lift her. She loves when I carry her around. I mean. I don't carry her all the time. But she has times were she just wants mommy or daddy. So plz give me so ideas.
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I am not sure. I waited and spaced my kids out 6 years.  I had a brother 20 months younger than me and was insanely jealous (according to my mother).  My son has yet to show jealousy, loves being involved, and really understands what is going on.  Good luck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

love-my-tween
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Your daughter will be two when you have your second, if you get pregnant according to plan. Two year olds naturally throw fits, and so I don't thing your husband's cousin's wife's child was acting out due to the new baby per se.  That's just how two year olds are.  Once you conceive, involve your daughter in the pregnancy.  Have her feel your belly when the baby is moving, tell her she's going to be an awesome big sister, and generally just let her be a big part of the experience.  Good luck to you!

CoeyG
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

You can't keep your child from behaving naturally the way he/she is going to behave.  She s a toddler not a mineature adult.  She is going to behave like a toddler.  Yes she wants mommy to pick her up, because she is a toddler, whehter you want her to behave like a toddler or not isn't her problem, that is your's.  She doesn't understand you being pregnant, she doesn't understand the reason attention is being shifted from her to the pregnancy and soon to the new baby, she doesn't understand sharing.  The only thing I can suggest if you don't want to go through having to deal with a jealousk frightened toddler, is to not get pregnant until she is older and can understand. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)