Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

need some advice!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM
  • 13 Replies
okay, so i have 3 children & 4th will b born nxt month! have ne of u done the layaway thing & how does it work? is it nice when u cant afford it all at once?? just asking cuz it will be hard with 4 since i cant go back to work until january, if dr oks it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamiaredrick
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Are you a single mom?

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Do you mean for Christmas gifts? It's certainly better to "layaway" than charge them to a credit card,unless you can pay the card off in full every month.

GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
yes. for the most part. haha. they come and go (the dads)

Quoting mamamiaredrick:

Are you a single mom?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:49 AM
idk how layaway works & was wantin some advice... i nvr imagined myself havin this many kids & nt bein where i want to w skl & stuff... so its been hard.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Do you mean for Christmas gifts? It's certainly better to "layaway" than charge them to a credit card,unless you can pay the card off in full every month.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallfry3280
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

yes we did the lay a way thing this year. it is nice because you can break it all up and you know the toys or whatever are gonna be there-rather than wait til you have all the money at once and hope they have what you want

LindaClement
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Layaway is a good idea for several reasons:

~ it's interest free (or, legally, it should be)

~ it's paid for when you get it

~ it is a responsible, grown-up approach to upcoming expenses you can't really pretend you didn't know were going to happen...

We buy a payroll savings bond every year, specifically for our Christmas budget. It's kind of the same thing, only we get everything with it once we cash it.

Quoting smallfry3280:

yes we did the lay a way thing this year. it is nice because you can break it all up and you know the toys or whatever are gonna be there-rather than wait til you have all the money at once and hope they have what you want

GabeAiyAra
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM
how much you have to pay down? & when do u make payments?

Quoting smallfry3280:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smallfry3280
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

for us it was 10 % down and you have to make a payment every 30 days until your end date

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

how much you have to pay down? & when do u make payments?

Quoting smallfry3280:

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Quoting GabeAiyAra:

idk how layaway works & was wantin some advice... i nvr imagined myself havin this many kids & nt bein where i want to w skl & stuff... so its been hard.

Quoting Lindalou907:

I think the way it works is you select what you want,pay a deposit,they hold it for you while you make payments,there shouldn't be more than a little fee,maybe $5.Then when it's paid off you take it home.
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

This is my advice. :)  

Quoting LindaClement:

Layaway is a good idea for several reasons:

~ it's interest free (or, legally, it should be)

~ it's paid for when you get it

~ it is a responsible, grown-up approach to upcoming expenses you can't really pretend you didn't know were going to happen...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)