Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

amanda todd commit suicide after being bullied

Posted by   + Show Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/!?!11/amanda-todd-suicide-bullying_n_1959909.html
this is the world our kids are growing up in.
Are you scared? I am. what do we do to stop this from happening!?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM
4 moms liked this

Tragic and very sad.  While I can agree that we have to teach our children self-esteem and to stand up for themselves I don't think its at all fair to minimize any one's struggle, especially the struggles of a dead teen.  We also need to teach our children not to bully each other.  The world is not all rainbows and sunshine but when did we as humans evolve into people that treat each other like shit?  Unfortunately, I have seen a lot of bulling on cm and its no wonder where some of these kids get their bulling capabilities from.  I fear many children will never learn to not bully other children because they learn from their parents and the cycle is only getting worse.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM

It is so sad but I'm not worried for my own son. We help him to have a great self-esteem and to treat others with kindness and respect.

LuvMyBoy08
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Although its a terrible situation for the family, I have to agree with you. I was bullied severely all through school as many others were back in the 80's & 90's. I never heard of kids committing suicide because of it.

Quoting ChicMommy06:

This is getting out of hand. We were bullied growing up. Were we killing ourselves? No!!! We are raising a generation of pussies!! This IMO is something that starts at home. Parents need to be building their children's self esteem! And these kids need to grow a backbone! Am I worried about my kids? Nope, if they have mine or DH attitudes or mouths then they won't care what people say about them and we will enstill that in them. Or they will definitely have something to say back! It all starts at home. And this is Darwinism at its finest.

I'm sure I'll be bashed for this. *shrugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jcothrine
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this

i first tried to kill myself at age 10...bullies were a big part of it.....

you have no idea how bad they can be....and if you aren't taught self esteem at home......and don't have anywhere to turn...... well you have no idea how bad it can be.. go ahead call me a pussy or a pansy... bullies...

Jcothrine
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

you guys are just great big grown up bullies

ChicMommy06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Jcothrine:

i first tried to kill myself at age 10...bullies were a big part of it.....

you have no idea how bad they can be....and if you aren't taught self esteem at home......and don't have anywhere to turn...... well you have no idea how bad it can be.. go ahead call me a pussy or a pansy... bullies...

Well I guessing you didn't learn anything because you carried this into adulthood. I suggest you get over the pity party or your life will get no better.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM
She did some very dumb things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I agree, kids can't handle life today, compared to 30 40 years ago. Many aspects of life. Parents do not teach coping skills now. I did and am proud of my grown girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jcothrine
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

i'm guessing its you that needs to learn something.....something called compassion....

watch Amanda Todd's video...and if you don't cry...you have no heart......

though i am pretty sure you don't already....from your comment to me....

Jcothrine
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting atlmom2:

She did some very dumb things.

she did...but bad enough to die for?

to be haunted and heckled and followed everywhere she went?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)