Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

amanda todd commit suicide after being bullied

Posted by   + Show Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/10/!?!11/amanda-todd-suicide-bullying_n_1959909.html
this is the world our kids are growing up in.
Are you scared? I am. what do we do to stop this from happening!?
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM
Replies (51-53):
lucsch
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:22 PM
2 moms liked this

It didn't seem exactly like a case of classic bullying, to me. It seemed like it was a STALKER situation. The problem is there was no way to track this person doing it. If there were, his rear would be in jail; and her problem would have been a lot better. Yes, she made one mistake. She had no idea that person would follow her around and post and forward that video to everyone she would ever meet. A 12yo can be naive and trusting--as a child should be able to be. Her parents should have been more aware of what she was doing--video conversations with a stranger? My God! What parent allows that? The fact that years later she was having problems dealing with it is not a case of bad self-esteem or self-pity. I doubt that many of you have ever dealt with a stalking situation and know exactly how it makes you feel--especially as a teenager. It is easy to call other people names and say you would handle it better, but you don't know until you experience it.

TCain0001
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Exactly.  This is the reason that my computer is in my bedroom......so that when my daughter gets online, I can keep track of who she's talking to.  When she gets online on her oldest brother's laptop, it's either in my room in my presence, or in the livingroom where everyone is at.  This way, we know to whom she's speaking, and cut her off it's someone we don't know.

Quoting lucsch:

It didn't seem exactly like a case of classic bullying, to me. It seemed like it was a STALKER situation. The problem is there was no way to track this person doing it. If there were, his rear would be in jail; and her problem would have been a lot better. Yes, she made one mistake. She had no idea that person would follow her around and post and forward that video to everyone she would ever meet. A 12yo can be naive and trusting--as a child should be able to be. Her parents should have been more aware of what she was doing--video conversations with a stranger? My God! What parent allows that? The fact that years later she was having problems dealing with it is not a case of bad self-esteem or self-pity. I doubt that many of you have ever dealt with a stalking situation and know exactly how it makes you feel--especially as a teenager. It is easy to call other people names and say you would handle it better, but you don't know until you experience it.

Jcothrine
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:13 AM

the torture hasn't even stopped after her death...her memorial page is getting the bullies coming on it.....

really??????????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured