Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ear infection question

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 35 Replies

My 3 year has had a cold for a couple weeks, which she has been to the doctor for.  Now she says once in a while her ears hurt and she cant hear.  She has no fever and they seem to be oozing.  Can you have a ear infection without a fever?  I know you ladies are not doctors but maybe you have dealt with something like this.  I'm debating if she needs to go to the doctor.   

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM
My kids have had ear infections without a fever. One was discover when my son went for his yearly checkup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
indymom72
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

My son just had a double ear infection last week, but he carried a fever.  I think the oozing would weird me out and I would take her in.  I hope she feels better soon!!

-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yes, I have had ear infections without a fever.  You can have small amounts of fluid in the ears without it being infected but if its "oozing" or hurting I would take her back in. 

swati88
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Ear infection is the severe infection specially for children!!Actually it depends on every children,i can advise you to go to some doctor!!
momof6nokc
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

50% of ear infections are asymptomatic, meaning the child does not exhibit any symptoms.

The only thing that should be coming out of your child's ear is ear wax!  Any other liquid or oozing needs to be looked at  :o)

Yes, take your child to the doc.

It's very dear to me, the issue of gay marriage.  Or, as I like to call it:  'marriage'.  You know, because I had lunch this afternoon, not gay lunch.  I parked my car, I didn't gay park it." 

~Liz Feldman~

ferne3
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Yes, my DD had ear infections without fevers all the time when she was very little.  She actually showed almost now symptoms until her eyes started discharging.  (YUCK!)

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Mine never had fevers with their oodles of ear infections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Yes, you can have one without a fever. Or the fever can sprout out suddenly when it wasn't there before. It could also be fluid in the ears and not infected yet. The doctor would be able to tell with a quick check.

BrennaLyons
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My niece is like this with strep throat. She has no fever until strep goes systemic and becomes Scarletina. Honestly...nothing. No fever. No pain. No irritation.

Quoting ferne3:

Yes, my DD had ear infections without fevers all the time when she was very little.  She actually showed almost now symptoms until her eyes started discharging.  (YUCK!)

CoeyG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM

If it is oozing then your daugther has an ear infection. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN