Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Could my kitten have brain damage?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
  • 45 Replies

My husband found an infant kitten (probably two weeks old) in the dumpster at work last week.  He could hear it crying, and found him.  The little guy has no teeth, and his eye were barely open.

So.. we went to the vet, go formula and a bottle.  A week later, he is eating well, looks bigger, is alert, bright eyed, peeing and pooing well.  The only problem is he he is meowing all the time.  Non stop.

Serious question?  Could this little guy be brain damaged? 

Anyone have experience in orphaned kittens?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firespurity
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Is he warm enough? young ones get cold easily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM

He has no mother, yes he is going to cry all the time. You now have to become mother. But if you have issues, take him back to the vet. 

aidyns_mommy
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Maybe he just wants attention or is in pain? Maybe take him back to the vet. If it is very young it might just miss his mommy? I don't know much about cats, but I dont think brain damage would be my first diagnoses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cklamour
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM
They like to be cuddled and secure, like if she/he had mom around to nestle with. How often is he/she being fed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marchantmom06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Does it sleep?? Kittens cry so that their mothers come and get them warm, and feed them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Doubt it.

Kittens are needy, hell, cats are too.

Make sure he's got a warm place to sleep. Put a warm water bottle next to him if you think he needs it. 

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
What color is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tooptimistic
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I keep a warm heating pad under his box when he is resting, or I keep him in my shirt for the skin to skin contact.

We have an appointment in with the vet Monday.  :)

Just wondering if something is wrong, or if he had a head injury as a result of being thrown in a dumpter.

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
What color is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucsch
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

No, he just is crying for his mommy. Can you carry him close to you in a little sling or something? I know that sounds nuts, but kittens aren't meant to be away from their mothers until about 2 months old. He needs the warmth and personal contact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)