Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any Good Men Out There?

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems like most of the Posts that have to do with our hubbies or boyfriends are full of negativity. How they are not supportive and so on. Or whether or not we should leave them.

How about those of us who's hubbies are supportive and we want to stay. I just wanted to hear something positive. I have a great husband ( of course he's had some bumps in the road) but he loves us and takes care of us.

So, ladies, tell let's talk about the great daddies and husbands we have.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I raised 3 of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Yes there are good men out there, the only problem is that it takes time to get to know a person before jumping into bed with them and making babies.  Although me and my ex are no longer together we knew each other as friends for three months before we actually "dated" on and off as friends and then it took another four months before we became exclusive and another two months before we had sex, Albeit our marriage ended but after 20 years  and after 25 years of being together as a couple.  And even though our marriage ended we have always been able to communicate, we are cordial, no jealousies, we have both moved on and he has even remarried, I have no problems with his new wife, she has no problems with me.  He didn't complain about having to pay child support and I wasn't gripping constantly about the amount of child support I was getting, I knew it was enough to support our daughter and that is what it was for, not to support me I was working and didn't need to be supported financially.  

In short we were grown ups about our dating/relationship/marriage and divorce and didn't act like hihg schoolers.  See if you're going to choose to play grown up games, you'd better be a grown up.

mamaeagle216
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Married my sixth grade sweet heart lol. Been together twelve years, married five. Have two amazing children that were born after we had already been married a few years. He graduated high school & college with high honors, worked at NASA and is a software developer at a fantastic private company. He always goes above and beyond and NEVER puts himself before his family ( every when he should lol ) is generous to a fault and will give anyone anything they need. He makes sure we are very well taken care of and helps my parents pay some of their bills when they need help too.
In my opinion, no on else will ever compare to my wonderful husband. My provider, protector and best friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boshs1andonly
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I married my high school sweetheart, so there's been a lot of growing pains. We've been through a lot together but I wouldn't take any of it back, because I'm right where I want to be. Every time I see him with our dd, I realize I made the right choice. He's not perfect but most days he comes pretty close. He's always been supportive of me and my dreams. I started my own business and it's taken a while to take off (between getting pregnant and graduate school) and he's always been supportive. He's my marketing department (for free lol, there's no way we'd be able to afford him) and he's been my biggest cheerleader since we got back together almost 11 years ago. 

yperez0209
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Coey G, I would like to ask you something. What is it about that 20-25 yr mark that so many couples split. My parents divorced around there 25th yr. and my sister had serious issues when she was married 20 yrs. I wonder what it is? Maybe we get so wrapped up in our children that we don't put enough into our relationships? IDK, but I do know I've been with my husband 14 yrs and it scares me sometimes that something will go wrong. We try to have date night once a week, and we still laugh together and enjoy eachother, but I've always noticed that pattern around the 20 yr mark. Maybe I'm just sensitve to that because my parents split up at that time. What do you think?

Quoting CoeyG:

Yes there are good men out there, the only problem is that it takes time to get to know a person before jumping into bed with them and making babies.  Although me and my ex are no longer together we knew each other as friends for three months before we actually "dated" on and off as friends and then it took another four months before we became exclusive and another two months before we had sex, Albeit our marriage ended but after 20 years  and after 25 years of being together as a couple.  And even though our marriage ended we have always been able to communicate, we are cordial, no jealousies, we have both moved on and he has even remarried, I have no problems with his new wife, she has no problems with me.  He didn't complain about having to pay child support and I wasn't gripping constantly about the amount of child support I was getting, I knew it was enough to support our daughter and that is what it was for, not to support me I was working and didn't need to be supported financially.  

In short we were grown ups about our dating/relationship/marriage and divorce and didn't act like hihg schoolers.  See if you're going to choose to play grown up games, you'd better be a grown up.

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
My df is awesome he works hard to support us so I can be a sahm, comes home plays with our girls, we try and do fun things on the days he is home, and he is always supporting what is important to me. I couldn't imagine my life without him he is my rock!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Christy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM
My hubby is amazing. Im so blessed to have him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Christy on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM
i think thats it. Couples put so much effort into the kids, they forget that they matter and the relationship matters. DH and I make it a point to always focus on us. We are important and our marriage is important. We dont want to be the couple who looks at each other when the kids leave and be like "now what?" We have plans. We make an effort every day and have the whole time we have been together, even when we were dating.

Quoting yperez0209:

Coey G, I would like to ask you something. What is it about that 20-25 yr mark that so many couples split. My parents divorced around there 25th yr. and my sister had serious issues when she was married 20 yrs. I wonder what it is? Maybe we get so wrapped up in our children that we don't put enough into our relationships? IDK, but I do know I've been with my husband 14 yrs and it scares me sometimes that something will go wrong. We try to have date night once a week, and we still laugh together and enjoy eachother, but I've always noticed that pattern around the 20 yr mark. Maybe I'm just sensitve to that because my parents split up at that time. What do you think?

Quoting CoeyG:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM
My dh is awesome! He works hard to provide for us, helps with the kids and house, makes me take a mommy time out when I need it (even though I don't ask or say anything about needing one), is very encouraging and supportive...I could go on for a while. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Mine is amazing. I'm still so inlove, like our first date( we were holding, best time ever). First kiss, dang...that man knew how to kiss lol. I'm thanking God every singal day for sending this man my way 5 years ago :')!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)