Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Good Men Out There?

Posted by   + Show Post

It seems like most of the Posts that have to do with our hubbies or boyfriends are full of negativity. How they are not supportive and so on. Or whether or not we should leave them.

How about those of us who's hubbies are supportive and we want to stay. I just wanted to hear something positive. I have a great husband ( of course he's had some bumps in the road) but he loves us and takes care of us.

So, ladies, tell let's talk about the great daddies and husbands we have.

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
toria78
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM
My hubby is wonderful, he came into a family that already had six kids(my kids from my ex) plus my hubby has a son and we have one together. He is only 27, and loves "my" kids like they were his own. Hes a mechanic and works his a** off to provide for all of us and allows me to be a sahm so i can be here for the kids. He just recently became a manager and im so proud of him :) he is always there to talk/comfort/support me and the kids he is my best friend. I love him more than words can say :)
PEEK05
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I love my husband.  He is a great husband and a great father.

yperez0209
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM

That's awsome, I'm so happy for you. He sounds like a super DAD, like so many other mothers that have answered this post and have shared how great there hubbies are. I think our men need more credit then they are given sometimes. 

Quoting toria78:

My hubby is wonderful, he came into a family that already had six kids(my kids from my ex) plus my hubby has a son and we have one together. He is only 27, and loves "my" kids like they were his own. Hes a mechanic and works his a** off to provide for all of us and allows me to be a asahm so i can be here for the kids. He just recently became a manager and im so proud of him :) he is always there to talk/comfort/support me and the kids he is my best friend. I love him more than words can say :)

CoeyG
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Quoting yperez0209:

Thank you for sharing.

Even though you're a strong lady, I'm sorry you had to go through all that, divorce is not something pleasant to live through. And bad move on his part for involving your daughter. My parents involved me in there mess and it was terrible.

I do believe that there's something that goes on around that time of the relationship maybe it's multiple factors and maybe it's different for every couple. I hope that we are able to love each other and grow old together. After all that's the plan when we say "I do". 

I do believe in defending the marrige and in doing everything possible to make it work, ( not saying that you didn't )  I have to commend you for being able to communicate with him and not hate eachother. That's a very mature way of handling it and I don't know if I would be able to do the same. I say this because it's easy for me to say that I would do the same, but I have not lived through your experience so I don't know.  

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting yperez0209:

Coey G, I would like to ask you something. What is it about that 20-25 yr mark that so many couples split. My parents divorced around there 25th yr. and my sister had serious issues when she was married 20 yrs. I wonder what it is? Maybe we get so wrapped up in our children that we don't put enough into our relationships? IDK, but I do know I've been with my husband 14 yrs and it scares me sometimes that something will go wrong. We try to have date night once a week, and we still laugh together and enjoy eachother, but I've always noticed that pattern around the 20 yr mark. Maybe I'm just sensitve to that because my parents split up at that time. What do you think?

Quoting CoeyG:

Yes there are good men out there, the only problem is that it takes time to get to know a person before jumping into bed with them and making babies.  Although me and my ex are no longer together we knew each other as friends for three months before we actually "dated" on and off as friends and then it took another four months before we became exclusive and another two months before we had sex, Albeit our marriage ended but after 20 years  and after 25 years of being together as a couple.  And even though our marriage ended we have always been able to communicate, we are cordial, no jealousies, we have both moved on and he has even remarried, I have no problems with his new wife, she has no problems with me.  He didn't complain about having to pay child support and I wasn't gripping constantly about the amount of child support I was getting, I knew it was enough to support our daughter and that is what it was for, not to support me I was working and didn't need to be supported financially.  

In short we were grown ups about our dating/relationship/marriage and divorce and didn't act like hihg schoolers.  See if you're going to choose to play grown up games, you'd better be a grown up.

Well with my ex and I we both wanted different things.  He had just entered the corperate world after being in the Military for 21 years and I was winding down from that world after being in it for 25 years.  He wanted to make more money and I wanted to sit back and enjoy what we had.  Top that with the began getting emotionally abusive and I wasn't going to put up with that and had discussed seperation with a lawyer, hoping my ex would find a girlfriend because I wanted nothing to do with him...when he did finally get a girlfriend, he stupidly involved our daughter in the "cheating" had he left her out of it all we'd probably still be married  but living seperate lives.  But he got pissed that I found out and threatened to get violent so that was the end of the marriage.  I've been through an abusive relationship before and wasn't about to go through it again.  

Divorce isn't always a "bad" thing and for myself and my ex it wasn't.  When we got married it was mor for financial reasons than for love.  Yes we loved each other but we really didn't want to get married.  We were living together and if I would have found employment after I moved to New York we probably never would have gotten married.  But he was in the Military and soem employers are hesitant to hire anyone with ties to the Military because they figure you are going to be packing up and moving in a couple of years.  So I had to work temporary positions which in those days didn't offer health benefits, and if anything would have happened to me where I required hospitalization we'd be scraping the sidewalks.  So we got married.  When we were transfered back to California we were the "picture perfect" young family.  He was military and I was working for the State having gotten my reinstatement papers to work full time for the state.  However that base was closing so we were being transfared to Washington State and I applied and got an interview for a job up there, I was offereed the job but on my return home my husband told me he had switched his orders and we would be returning to New York...I was not happy about that.  I think he felt threatened because I was making more money than he was and when we would be living in Washington I still would, and that meant he wasn't in total control.  It was then that this need to control began coming out in him and yes I married him as he was but I wasn't about to put up with any abuse.  By the time our daughter was 10 we were "emotioally seperated"  I moved out of our bedroom, the only time we did anything together was for family holidays and school events.  He went his way I went mine.  By the time I and our daughter moved back to California when we were legally seperated the marriage was totally over.  The day I left I handed him my house key and shook his hand and drove off in a U Haul truck.  I reclaimed my old life, who I was before I was married and my daughter watched as her mother blossomed LOL.  Her Step mom has asked her about my ever remarrying, and she tells her step mom what I tell her all the time LOL "Men are good for only one thing and most of the time a mechanical device and a couple of batteries can do better."  LOL   And no I am not anti man...I like men, I just don't like them being in control.  They have been in control of the world for thousands of years and look what they've done with it...

proudsahm04
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I am crazy about my hubby! He is such a great dad, and my best friend. We have known another since high school and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazyd
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:23 PM

NOPE!  Sorry i wont say any more cuz im one of those negative ones!  We are divorcing.

white_wolf454
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:29 PM

my Bf is so sweet to me , when i was in labor with our daughter i have having issues and he never left he had to tell me to breath cause i had been in so much pain I could not take a breath but everytime he said Breath i took a breath . He also stood up to my father when he was calling me stupid and ugly and fat he told him off . and the other Day he came home with flowers for me and helped me clean the house up .

Beauty91805
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I love my honey! We have definitely had our.times but for the past year we have worked through our problems and things have been fantastic! He is definitely a winner :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yperez0209
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I'm sorry :(

Quoting lazyd:

NOPE!  Sorry i wont say any more cuz im one of those negative ones!  We are divorcing.

Mrs.Miller11
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My husband is amazing and an incredible father. I am very lucky. We have a great marriage. We're very happy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured