Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I being childish or do I have a right to be pissed??

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok, so my husband is a spur of the moment kinda guy while I like things to be planned. Well, today I planned on taking kids to get flu shots, pumpkin patch and clothes shopping which he knew a wk ago about. SO this morning I get up clean house and get ready. Then he tells me he's going to stay home while I go and clean yard and garage. Yeah ok fine I kinda expected that. Then he goes on to tell me that he's invited people over tonight to watch football and grill steaks. Wth??! Yes I'm the wife and mother so of course I'll be expected to entertain and clean up everyone's mess after I just cleaned my entire house. So I tell him I won't be here. Let me just add that I absolutely hate entertaining 2 birthdays a yr are enough!! I had rather be alone than in a room full of ppl and that's just me. Anyway I just got home from a very long and exhausting day the kids were tired so I put them in bed and I'm laying in my bed (their beds are in our room) while my husband is outside with guests. I know they think I'm being a bitch but I really dont care. This wasn't planned and I'm tired I'm recovering from a wreck and ruptured cyst so yeh I'm in a little pain also. So anyway would u think I was being a bitch or do I have a right to be?? Be honest.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Your husband is being a bit of an inconsiderate ass.

Acid
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Why are the kid's beds in your room?

Yes you have a right to be angry. 

momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Quoting Acid:

Why are the kid's beds in your room?

Yes you have a right to be angry. 

Thank you!! Lol. Because we used to live in a very small house and we moved into a much bigger 2 story house and kids rooms are upstairs and I just can't leave them up there alone since they're only 2 and 4. I can't imagine one of them waking during the night and tumbling down the stairs but luckily our room is big enough for king bed toddler bed and playpen. We have bunk beds to put upstairs and we are working on getting them up there!!
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Your husband is being a bit of an inconsiderate ass.

Lol, glad I'm not the only one that thinks that!!
opal10161973
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I would have told my DF no guests were coming over because I already had a long day planned and I was not going to be uncomfortable in my own home. Sorry, honey. Of course, mine is already trained to talk to me before inviting anyone over, so... IMO it was extremely rude of him to do that to you.
CoeyG
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Quoting momtotwo08:

Quoting CoeyG:

I wouldn't have married a man who was such a diametrically opposite to myself to begin with.   That way I wouldn't have this problem.  While I can understand your points I also have to say it is his home too and he is just as entitled to enjoy his evening as you are your's.  I think the two of you at least need to communicate a bit better about how you want to spend your weekends at least. 

I'm so happy for you and that your marriage is all glitter and butterflies and we communicate fine but as I stated he's a spur of the moment person while I like things to be planned out which works for us bc we find ways to meet in the middle. And I like his spontaneity just like he likes me planning things out so it works for us. I think I did the right thing by inviting them inside to let them know why I didn't come out and my boys were in the next room snoozing, so everybodys happy ;)

Honey I'm no longer married.  The reason being he and I were going in seperate directions...Which is why I would never marry a man who wasn't going in the same direction I was if he was different from the beginning.  You're not communicating if he wants to do one thing and you're planning something else.  

momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quoting opal10161973:

I would have told my DF no guests were coming over because I already had a long day planned and I was not going to be uncomfortable in my own home. Sorry, honey. Of course, mine is already trained to talk to me before inviting anyone over, so...

IMO it was extremely rude of him to do that to you.

Trained? Lol, how do u do that??! They stayed outside in his shop, until I asked them to come in for a minute to tell them why I wasn't coming out which they understood.
stellarmom1
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I would be pissed. He should have ran it by you before he invited people over. That is just the considerate thing to do. I would have went to bed and let him handle it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Quoting CoeyG:

I'm sorry your marriage didn't work out and we do communicate pretty good until he pops these things on me.
CoeyG
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Quoting momtotwo08:

Quoting CoeyG:

I'm sorry your marriage didn't work out and we do communicate pretty good until he pops these things on me.

I'm not sorry I divorced him why are you sorry?  LOL.  And if he "pops" these things on you then you're not communicating.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN