Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I being childish or do I have a right to be pissed??

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok, so my husband is a spur of the moment kinda guy while I like things to be planned. Well, today I planned on taking kids to get flu shots, pumpkin patch and clothes shopping which he knew a wk ago about. SO this morning I get up clean house and get ready. Then he tells me he's going to stay home while I go and clean yard and garage. Yeah ok fine I kinda expected that. Then he goes on to tell me that he's invited people over tonight to watch football and grill steaks. Wth??! Yes I'm the wife and mother so of course I'll be expected to entertain and clean up everyone's mess after I just cleaned my entire house. So I tell him I won't be here. Let me just add that I absolutely hate entertaining 2 birthdays a yr are enough!! I had rather be alone than in a room full of ppl and that's just me. Anyway I just got home from a very long and exhausting day the kids were tired so I put them in bed and I'm laying in my bed (their beds are in our room) while my husband is outside with guests. I know they think I'm being a bitch but I really dont care. This wasn't planned and I'm tired I'm recovering from a wreck and ruptured cyst so yeh I'm in a little pain also. So anyway would u think I was being a bitch or do I have a right to be?? Be honest.
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Replies (41-46):
Cpdsptchgrl
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM
This

Quoting momma2b2008:

I think if you are able to go running around all day you are fine to go and sit and talk to the guests for a little while! But let him know that he is going to have to clean up EVERYTHING from the guests!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Quoting Gabeys_Mommy:

You're far nicer than I would have been. I would've expected him to go with, especially to the pumpkin patch. I'm sorry, but we do things as a family when possible.

We usually do most things as a family but he's starting a new job tomorrow and will be working 7 days a week so this is his last weekend for awhile to really get things done so I didn't really mind him not going.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM
You shoulda said to the guests youve had a long day, your going to bed to be polite since I doubt ur dh did for u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephMosDef
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I dont think youre being either, but in your husbands defense, he probably thought it was alright to have people over, you having been through a wreck and ruptured cyst, esp if you are able to go out and do that list of errands. just clothes shopping wears me out when I am at 100%!

IheartPEACOCKS
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Well I never said I thought she was being a bitch, I don't. I said I can see why they might think that. It sounds like they got it worked out and no one was snubbed so she was just venting really. I just know from experience that "hiding" in another room when people are over starts whispers and rumors about marital problems, and it makes the guests uncomfortable.

rosie211
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I'd be pissed and would have done the same thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN