Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need period/ovulation advice

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't want to share a lot of personal detail, but I need honest advice.

I started my period on the 3rd, it lasted 3 or 4 days. I use a website to help me track it because I have bad endometriosis, but since I had my last surgery in February my cycles have been unusually regular. I am supposed to start my fertile days today and ovulate sometime in the next couple days. But it's not exact because I don't use ovulation predictor strips to pinpoint it, because well honestly I haven't had sex in years so I don't need to worry about it.

Here is the problem: A friend and I made rules and started having a fwb relationship this weekend (my kids are out of town). It's been A LOT of sex, and the condom has broken twice (bad batch?). Because of my endo I cannot use birth control. The first time we didn't notice when it happened. So yes, this is monumentally bad timing. And then just now I started bleeding again, but its darker blood than when I'm on my period. Now I am very in tune with my body and I know darker blood is older blood. Plus I'm not in pain so it's not like I have a tear or something. I was just trying not to worry about it all but now that this happened, I am. I'm afraid I'm gonna get pregnant the first time I have sex in YEARS.

What do you think the bleeding could mean? It is quite a lot of blood, but I'm not due for my period again until Halloween and like I said, today was my day to start ovulating.

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CLEKate
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Most likely it has to do with the amount and type of sex.  I think if condoms are breaking, then it may be on the rougher side which could cause bleeding.

IheartPEACOCKS
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

You're right, it is rough, and I feel really stupid because I've never used condoms before. I was married and didn't need them...

bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quoting CLEKate:

Most likely it has to do with the amount and type of sex.  I think if condoms are breaking, then it may be on the rougher side which could cause bleeding.

I was going to say something similar. 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM

You have endo, and because of that, sometimes your periods are going to be heavier and you're going to experience breakthrough bleeding between your cycles. Yes, you had surgery in February, but it's now October so it's totally feasible that your lining grew thicker again and that's causing the bleeding now. But, if you are absolutely not wanting to be pregnant, you need a different method of birth control other than condoms if they're breaking on you. Perhaps you could get a diaphragm or something, but talk to your doctor and explain what you're going through.

mmccrea
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM

What kind of condoms?  I only trust Trojan.  Was lubrication an issue, because that could cause tearing.  

IheartPEACOCKS
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

They were Trojans, and lubrication isn't an issue. I know how my Endo works and this was weird bleeding, it was over almost as soon as it started. I do need to find another birth control but I can't use anything with hormones and have already had an IUD surgically removed so what options are left?? That's another reason why I keep track of my cycle and whatnot, too, so I can avoid the important days. We haven't had an issue after those first two, and they were from the same box, we threw out the others and bought a new box

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN