Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is 3.5. I help him brush his teeth twice and sometimes three times a day. But why are they discolored? Shouldnt they be white? My 1 yr old's teeth are white. What am I doing wrong here? Just looking at his teeth..they look like I dont brush them at all. He just went to bed and after brushing them they look the same!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I never considered that. My son was putting the toothpaste on..until a few days ago. He would put a crap load on and I would have to scrape alot of it off. He would get mad at me. lol

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Maybe your using too much tooth paste

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamieharper08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Thanks :) I think he's pretty handsome myself. They are just a buttery yellow color. Lol! Is that how your sons is?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im mobile so i cant make out that pic too well. He is a cutie! Red heads are so cute!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

rockabillybetty
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Lol ya my son is always like MA I WORKED HARD ON THAT!! so i wash the brush off and put a pea size toothpaste ball

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I never considered that. My son was putting the toothpaste on..until a few days ago. He would put a crap load on and I would have to scrape alot of it off. He would get mad at me. lol

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I think its like a grayish actually.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Thanks :) I think he's pretty handsome myself. They are just a buttery yellow color. Lol! Is that how your sons is?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im mobile so i cant make out that pic too well. He is a cutie! Red heads are so cute!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM

My dentist said that some peoples baby teeth are just like that. Does he drink a lot of juice? 

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hmmmm...would you say that either side of the family has bad teeth? My husbands side does...and their teeth are grey.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM
LOL Now that i think about it..until recently i wasnt helping him rinse. We are still working on the spitting the toothpaste out too. Before I would just brush them and that was it. I wonder if thats why?

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Lol ya my son is always like MA I WORKED HARD ON THAT!! so i wash the brush off and put a pea size toothpaste ball

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyCulp4
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM
What meds has he taken?
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Not really no. If he does get juice I mix it half and half with water. He likes chocolate milk alot.

Quoting bbmkfo03:

My dentist said that some peoples baby teeth are just like that. Does he drink a lot of juice? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Yeah. Both sides. Wow my kids never had a fighting chance with genetics. lol Bad teeth. Bad skin. Poor babies.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Hmmmm...would you say that either side of the family has bad teeth? My husbands side does...and their teeth are grey.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting jamieharper08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured