Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My son is 3.5. I help him brush his teeth twice and sometimes three times a day. But why are they discolored? Shouldnt they be white? My 1 yr old's teeth are white. What am I doing wrong here? Just looking at his teeth..they look like I dont brush them at all. He just went to bed and after brushing them they look the same!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (21-24):
bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

My DD only gets half juice/half water and her teeth are discolored too. They think it's still the juice, mostly the dark colored juices. She mostly drinks prune juice but now her teeth are stained b/c of it. She's also stopped letting me brush her teeth & she does a terrible job with a regular toothbrush so we got her a mechanical toothbrush.  

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Not really no. If he does get juice I mix it half and half with water. He likes chocolate milk alot.

Quoting bbmkfo03:

My dentist said that some peoples baby teeth are just like that. Does he drink a lot of juice? 

jamieharper08
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

:( They may be breaking down. My husband had silver caps at the age of 2. He is 32 now and we are playing to get them all removed and get him dentures :( I'm so sad for him. I wish we could afford more than dentures. 

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Yeah. Both sides. Wow my kids never had a fighting chance with genetics. lol Bad teeth. Bad skin. Poor babies.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Hmmmm...would you say that either side of the family has bad teeth? My husbands side does...and their teeth are grey.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I think its like a grayish actually.

Quoting jamieharper08:

Thanks :) I think he's pretty handsome myself. They are just a buttery yellow color. Lol! Is that how your sons is?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Im mobile so i cant make out that pic too well. He is a cutie! Red heads are so cute!

Quoting jamieharper08:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Silver caps?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockabillybetty
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I taught my son to rinse his brush and brush with water lol he has to count to 10 before each spit on each side he brushes so he rinses for 60 secs lol

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

LOL Now that i think about it..until recently i wasnt helping him rinse. We are still working on the spitting the toothpaste out too. Before I would just brush them and that was it. I wonder if thats why?

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Lol ya my son is always like MA I WORKED HARD ON THAT!! so i wash the brush off and put a pea size toothpaste ball

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

I never considered that. My son was putting the toothpaste on..until a few days ago. He would put a crap load on and I would have to scrape alot of it off. He would get mad at me. lol

Quoting rockabillybetty:

Maybe your using too much tooth paste

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

They werent always like this. It happened recently. I read somewhere that too much fluoride in drinking water can discolor your teeth. Its driving me crazy. lol My parents gave up making my siblings and i keep up with dental hygiene. I have never taken good care of my teeth so they are discolored. Im trying to avoid that with my children.

Quoting jamieharper08:

My oldest sons permanent teeth are like that. I asked the dentist and she said that some people's teeth are just like that. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN