Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
So me and my sister and the kiddos usually go walking together.But about a week or two ago my sister screwed that up! We were leaving the fairgrounds campground and I let her back up first,no biggie.But I was watching her in my mirrors and as she was backing up.She backed up in a roll very slowly and then put it in drive knowing that she hadn't backed up far enough and she drives an sub,she put it in drive and gunned it and rammed into the back of my car shaking it.I put my car in park jumped out and ran to seen the damage (and lemme add,I was sitting in that same spot I was parked in,just had it in gear ready to move after she'd left)And way she got outta her car laughed histerically and said oh,well you'll get over it.Mind you my husband has worked very hard to be able to go out and buy me my car,its took us forever to be able to afford something like this,,and therefore its very special to me.And yes there is another scratch on it but that's from the parking lot at the grocery store....and yes what I asked my sister and her husband to do I would've asked the person who hit my car with the buggy to pay for it to be fixed.So I told my husband what happened and he was irrate!! He told me to tell my sister that her and her husband were goin to have to come up with $200.00 to get it fixed.Her husband automatically refused!! His wife (my sister) does things like this all the time.Just bc there vehicles are all dinted up doesn't mean I want mine to look that way!! So I let it go thinking that she'd come to me with the money in a couple days,well that never happened.So I text her the other day telling her it was time to pay and she wasn't getting away with this like she has in the past with other vehicles shesnhit and she never says anything bk or awhile then eventually she says they dontnhave the money and it'll be another month or two.Then today I text her and tell her I need it now.And her Smarta$$ husband say you need to quit harassing us we aren't paying you!! Then he calls my husband at work an starts talking shit and making up lies.Long story short I text him bk and tell him I know which insurance company they use and first thing Monday morning I'm calling them.Next thing I know the disrespectful sob shows up in my driven way beatin on my front door,I open the dorr and he throws the money in my face and says here's your dam money and tells me to stay away from him and hisfamily.Fine by me I told him!! The thing is they get away with everything and they thin that's fine.And its not!! Me and my sister weren't raised like that.You screw up or if you owe money you fix it or pay for it!! I in know way think I did anything wrong!! Any I want be treated the way he treated me today!!
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Replies (11-14):
CoeyG
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM

What about auto insurance?  You and your sister had an accident, didn't anyone think to get ou t their insurance cards?  That is what you are supposed to do when you have a car accident, you have to trade isnurance information and then make a claim on it.  

jesslynn06
by Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quoting tisami1:

I hope it does but for now we are not on talking terms and it could be awhile.I told them today not to come around for my daughters birthday,thanksgiving or Christmas!!
buttersworth
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

No you weren't wrong.

If it had been a stranger that hit you, you would have been right to file a police report and have the person's insurance pay to repair your car.

Your sister was lucky that no such report would be filed, and that all you did was ask for the repair money - instead of contactng her ins. co and having her rates raised.

She should've offered to pay it off the bat. Her husband is an ass.

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like your sister shouldn't be driving. Dealing with money and family is never a good thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)