Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tubal

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am due to have our second & last baby in febuary. How do they go about doing a tubal if you have a vaginal delivery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mommy2235
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:18 PM
They wait till after your post partum checkup then they schedule an outpatient procedure. i had mine done and dont regret it one bit. we have 6 kids in a blended family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy092011
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM
How do the do it

Quoting Mommy2235:

They wait till after your post partum checkup then they schedule an outpatient procedure. i had mine done and dont regret it one bit. we have 6 kids in a blended family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tisaynababae
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I had it done right there as i figured i already feel like crap and had help at home so why not just get it over with. I had a epidural so they just left it in which made resting that night hard as i had to lay on my side. The next day(morning), they took me down and i had the procedure done. I slept thru the whole thing and the healing process was not bad.The scar is barely noticable.I would talk to your OB about what you want to do now and she/he can give you options which way you want to go.

Mommy2235
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM
My doc cut in through my belly button

Quoting mommy092011:

How do the do it

Quoting Mommy2235:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM

You would have to talk to your doctor about it.   There are different ways to do it.  

agrisham13mom
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Talk to you dr some drs will do it the same day you deliver. Where as other drs wait at least 6 weeks post partum. They do the procedure usually through your belly button OR 3 small abdominal incesions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMR320
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
I had mine done the morning after delivery. They made an incision in my belly button and one in my pubic hair area both about a half inch long and tied them laproscopically. Recovery was not much worse than normal delivery recovery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)