Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

pregnancy and spotting?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm 11 wks along with number 3. I know every pregnancy is different, but I never had any spotting with the first two. I didn't even have any spotting with this pregnancy until just last night. There's no cramping or anything, but I do have a kind of tender spot on my lower left abdomen. The spotting is not very dark or heavy, just kind of brown and sometimes pink. Called the doctor last night and he was not very helpful at all and I can't get in until Monday. Just wondering if anyone knows why it may have started all of a sudden, could it be something with the placenta? Just hoping to ease my mind a bit even though I know it is probably nothing my imagination kind of takes over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
msparks80
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Did you have sex or maybe strain when going to the bathroom? I spotted almost my whole 3rd pregnancy and they could never find out why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeMax
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM
No sex since Friday. Could that have caused it? Would it take almost a whole day to start?

Quoting msparks80:

Did you have sex or maybe strain when going to the bathroom? I spotted almost my whole 3rd pregnancy and they could never find out why.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msparks80
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:50 PM
It might have. I couldn't even carry a laundry basket cause I would spot. Try to take it easy and drink lots of water. I know its scary but not all spoting means miscarriage :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I spotted alittle with my 2 nd. Dr said some women can bleed to the point of thinking its their period early on in pregnancy. I was also told not to worry unless there is bad cramps and enough blood tofill a pad within an hour. She told me the placenta is sensitive sometimes, and you can even have spotting after sex. Don't stress yourself, but still go to the Dr. Monday, I'm sure you & baby are fine...
mmccrea
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

If there is nothing you can do until tomorrow, no sense in worrying all day then.  But get in as soon as you can to hopefully ease your mind.  No stress while pregnant-that's a rule!  

Anl1991
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Have you lifted anything heavy lately? With my first pregnancy I bled heavy for 2 weeks straight after falling down 2 ramps... We thought for sure I was having a miscarriage. Our daughter will be two in a few weeks. :) With my last pregnancy I started bleeding after lifting something at work. Turns out I had a hemorrhage (the placenta was pulling away from the uterine wall.) Everything turned out ok and he is now almost 9 weeks. But my doctor told me that it is common to have it in subsequent pregnancies, and that it can happen in every pregnancy. Makes me wonder if that isn't what caused it in my first pregnancy..

bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Spotting is very common in pregnancy and most of the time means nothing but I know that's not comforting to you right now! I started spotting this last pregnancy and freaked out since I had 2 miscarriages before. Turns out I had a hemorrhage that healed on its own in a few weeks. I just had to take it easy, no bed rest or anything but no heavy lifting, vacuuming or sex. It was scary but my little guy is a month old today :)   I know how scary it can be so *hugs* and hang in there! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)