Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need advise for my 9 year old

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

I don't know what to do. Maybe its a stage hes in but every time I he gets into trouble he gets over sensitive and starts yelling and crying and says no one loves him. I am a great mother to him and we show him plenty of love. I get a lot that he is just in a stage or that's his way on playing me. He gets so emotional I just don't want to miss something here. He acts fine every other time. Hes a pretty good kid excellent grades and good friends. Has one one ever experience this?

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM

DD is 6 and man she gets upset at each scolding.  For her I acknowledge she is upset but that does not change the consequence to what she did wrong.  I explain that i love her so much i want to help her learn how to follow the rules better.

bellebear
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Does he get into trouble often? If he dosent and he gets enough attention at home then Mabey, he is trying to get out of any dicsipline?
Hatred4none
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM
My 3 yo ds is like that. I believe it depends who's around them the most and how they handle stressful situations. I know I'm around my ds mostly and I always get defensive if someone accuses me of anything (esp if i know they are right and i procrastinate sometimes so that kind of situation develops here and there) and even when I don't I get very anxious and you can see it on my face that I'm not ok, anxiety. :) see if any new friend or family friend that are close recently that may exhibit the same behavior.
CoeyG
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM

It is a pre pubescent stage.  He is fine.  Don't agrue with him when he gets in these moods, Just let him have his "moments" and ask him to have them in his room.  

MommyBoha
by Christy on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM
My DS is 9 and does the same thing. Its the age. Their bodies are changing, they are trying to assert their independance. I just let him have his meltdown and he calms down. I make sure to talk to him after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadowjupiter
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with all the other moms. And, whatever you do, if you talk it over with a doctor, don't let them throw out that unproven ADHD diagnosis and try and put him on drugs. Kids are going to be kids. I have issues with these so-called "experts" and what they think is best for our kids.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM

LOL my 6yo totally said we hate her one day when she was in trouble. 

I was like, already??

I think especially at 9 it's normal.  :(

Just gotta talk 'em through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)