Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

EMERGENCY!!!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

while sleeping last night my daughter managed to get into some neon pink acrylic paint. it is now all over the carpet, walls, bed, everything!!! anyone know how i can get this stuff out before my husband gets home and freaks out!!!

by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2my2boys
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
No idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Butter331
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Has it dried? Try rubbing alcohol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jessica7409
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

oh yea its dry

aimesnyc
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM
puertoricangeek
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

If you fingernail polish around the house that actually works really well. Plenty of times have I used it to get acrilic paint out of carpet. Be careful, this will remove paint and the color or the carpet if you let it set for too long. 

You could always cut the peice of carpet out and steal a peice from a closet and just paint over that section on the wall.

Jessica7409
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM

i really cant so that with the carpet. we live in military housing on post. so whatever damage is done to the house we have to pay for

puertoricangeek
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM

What color is the carpet?

trebelcleff
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Oh yikes!  If the carpet isn't super cheap and crappy, definitely try the nail polish remover (it works best if it HAS acetone in it, not the non-acetone kind).  I'd try it on a corner somewhere out of the way first in case it takes the color off the carpet.  As for the walls, go get some paint chips from a local home improvement store, find one that matches, get a small amount (or large if you need to practically paint the whole wall... beleive me, I've been there lol) that INCLUDES primer (otherwise you'll have to get the primer and do two coats), the repaint over the mess.  That's really your best (and cheapest) option for the walls.  Good luck!!!!

Jessica7409
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 4:18 PM

its a very light tan color

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)