Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Court date coming up andddd...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
I need to get a new dress and shoes to wear! What would you all recommend as far as dresses/skirts and tops? I'm 24 years old and I am going to a custody case. Also, I have limited access to stores because of where I live... We don't have much in the area (Walmart, belk, goody'a and rue 21 are our stores that have clothes.). I plan to shop in an area 45 minutes away. Feel free to post stores and pictures and whatever comes to your minds!=) thanks for the suggestions!
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
puertoricangeek
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Dark colors are the best to wear to court. To help wear some red to show that you are powerful and capable or wear blue to show that you are confident and reliable.

Why do you think politicians wear red or blue ties? Subliminal Messages.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM

All you need is "business casual" clothing, you don't have to wear a dress or a skirt, you can wear slacks...something like in this photo

robyann
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Yeah something business casual. Something not too revealing, not too brightly colored. Maybe just some black dress pants, flats, and a nice blouse.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I don't think it has to be a dress.  Anything nice...

heathermn
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I appreciate all the feedback! I was leaning toward a dress or skirt because pants are hard to find for me, I'm 5ft4in, and that is a regular height I guess, but dress pants tend to be narrow in the hips (where I am wide) and then they're freakishly long, like I need to be a foot taller and wear heels to make them the appropriate length. I don't have a lot of money so I can't really afford to have them tailored. This is the first time I am going to court for something I am not just a witness to, and usually I wear dresses for those, but because this is for my case, I want to make a good impression. I come from an area that if I wanted to, I could show up to court in my pajamas and house shoes and no bra and go to court and be allowed to enter the room and try my case and be taken completely seriously. I've seen lawyers around here dressed like cowgirls (boots and hats with long skirts and vests and button up tops).... It's really dreadful. Again, thanks for all the input, I'll definitely use the advice when I go to pick something out!=)
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 5'3" and I love RU 21.
It's seems to be the only place I can find pants that fit.
I have the same problem and I always end up walking on and ruining the bottom 6 inches of extra pants. LOL.

I got some pretty nice outfits there and it didn't break the bank.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN