Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

SICK?? Help me!! ***Update****

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm really sick!! It started Saturday as an ear ache that was better by the next day. Sunday I had the worst sore throat of my life. It's less sore now, but now my chest hurts, it hurts to breath, I feel like Im not getting enough air, and my muscles are weak, my joints are like needles. My head hurts. My temperature is 99.5-99.8 throughout the day and 100.4-101.0 at night. My blood pressure is high around 145/98 with a pulse of 120-130. I went to the doctor. He said it's definitely something viral. Said menegitis was possible (it's going around here) and mentioned mono. Never diagnosed anything. Said to take predisone and zpack, call if I'm not better in a few days. HELP?! I dont have time to be sick!! And I have 2 kids in my house with suseptible immune systems (a preschooler with asthma & a premature baby). 

****UPDATE***** I called the doctor again today because my blood pressure & heart rate had been getting crazy and I was having irregular heart beats. My blood pressure when I woke up this morning was 138/104 with a pulse of 115. A few hours later it was 150/103 with a pulse of 108. The doctor just sent me to the ER. ER said it's not menegitits (didnt test for it, but said my symptoms don't match). ER tested for mono, it isn't mono. So far diagnosis remains something viral. Ibupruphen & nausia meds were added. I started throwing up last night and can't keep anything down now. ER said not to worry about my blood pressure unless it stays like this when I'm not sick.......but isn't it awfully high???

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I'm sorry,I hope you feel better soon,can you get a family member to come and take the kids?

Nicholy10
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Just while I'm at work. Can't really take off right now...

Quoting Lindalou907:

I'm sorry,I hope you feel better soon,can you get a family member to come and take the kids?

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Zinc and vitamin c
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 16, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Wash your hands a lot. You may want to do food preparation with disposable gloves. Open the house to let fresh air in when a room is empty. Don't breathe on the children.

I hope you feel better soon.

CoeyG
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Sounds more like viral pneumonia to me.   All I can suggest is follow medication instructions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)