Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i started dating some one knew

Posted by   + Show Post

is there any advice about anything really im not sure what to expect being a single mom

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Replies (11-19):
hollywood74
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

ive always been suspicious of anyone around my little kids. my kids were 5 and 6 when i met my man now. 14 years and 2 more kids later, im glad i wasnt overly suspicious or i woulda missed out on something wonderful. take all the advice you can and pay close attention!

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 17, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Don't introduce them to your children for a LONG time. It isn't good for kids to have people come in and out of their lives. 

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:57 PM

he definatly knows my son comes first and he acceots that

Quoting CoeyG:

Make sure this new guy knows your priorities and who comes first.  

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM

he does thats one thing i really like about him

Quoting rebeccasmly:

Make sure he knows and understands you are a mom first, girlfriend second.

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

i cant do that i dont really have anyone but me to take care of my son..........

Quoting marisab:

set up a support system

buy extra of diapers and wipes

have a person to watch baby once  a week so u get a break  even if u are in house

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM

weve only been dating for abput two and a half weeks and no i havent met his family im afraid to actually i don want them to look down on me because i have a baby with someone else

Quoting Sandy418:

How long have you been dating? Have you met his family yet?

Quoting calebsmommy13:

Quoting Bmat:

Find out all you can about him.  Date him enough so that he can't possibly be on his good "date" behavior for that long. Observe how he treats other women, including waitresses, and how he treats anyone doing a service for him- taxi drivers, and so forth.

i have been hes really nice and everyone seems to know him and they only have good things to say about him hes great with my son too!!!!!!!!!!!

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM

my parents dont seem to care there is only one person they want me with and i wont go back to him because he cheated on me

Quoting NEPhillyRN:

This is going to sound so old school... but ask your parents honestly what they think about him. After I got divorced my dad told me he never liked my ex. I wanted to know why he didnt tell me BEFORE I said "I do", he said he didnt think it would have made a difference. It would have. After I met my DH, before my kids really got to know him I asked my parents what they thought... honestly! No BS. Mom and Dad liked him... whew~ before we got married I asked the question again and the answer was still the same. He's a good man.  There is something to be said for an honest, outsider opinion especially from someone who loves you like a parent, sibling, best friend, whomever!

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM

im think  should take it slow for now

Quoting kirbymom:

I would ask him where he see's himself in 5 to 10 years. IF, his goals look like yours then you may have a great choice staring back at you.  You only want to be with someone who is looking to be on the same page as you when you both are older in years. That means job or career,  faith or no faith, children, house or apartment, Can you live with how he is now? You want someone you don't want to have to change later down the road. That just leads to fighting and disappointment. Can you see yourself looking old and still loving each other? 

calebsmommy13
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:08 PM

i agree but i wanted to make sure my son was okay around him so we hung out and talked befre we starteddating and thats how i introduced my son we went to the park i took my cousins advice with how she introduce her now husband to her daughter a few years ago and went with it

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Don't introduce them to your children for a LONG time. It isn't good for kids to have people come in and out of their lives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)