Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

please read and help ...

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
  • 27 Replies
It's my third days bfding, my 3 days old son doesn't drinks much yet. But my breast are so hard, full of milks and it hurts. I don't have a breast's pump to pump to relief this hardness. Any ideas..? It's hurt...so bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enslowemily
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Just keep trying, keep feeding him as much as you can. The fullness and pain will last a few days as your milk supply is really coming in, but the worst thing to do is stop nursing. You can take a shower and let the water run on your chest, and also try cool packs when you can. It really will ease up in a few days, just keep feeding him!

bluedolly01
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Pump some by hand? Maybe offer more often?

GL mumma. Congratulations on your little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Thank you. With my first son wasn't this bad.

Quoting bluedolly01:

Pump some by hand? Maybe offer more often?

GL mumma. Congratulations on your little one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nenasam
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Thank you !!

Quoting enslowemily:

Just keep trying, keep feeding him as much as you can. The fullness and pain will last a few days as your milk supply is really coming in, but the worst thing to do is stop nursing. You can take a shower and let the water run on your chest, and also try cool packs when you can. It really will ease up in a few days, just keep feeding him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymama
by Member on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Use heat Not cold for relief, is his diaper count okay? You would get LOT more info/help from the breastfeeding group. Gl and congrats momma
bowhunter2012
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What they said. Warm shower and hand pump. You may not get a lot out, but it might help some. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swati88
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 3:41 AM
I think you should consult to the doctor .Tell your problem to her.Don't take it lightly sometimes it become a chronic problem that you can't imagine.
Nenasam
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Thank.

Quoting swati88:

I think you should consult to the doctor .Tell your problem to her.Don't take it lightly sometimes it become a chronic problem that you can't imagine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hes brand new and still learning. Just keep offering and encouraging him and he'll get it soon enough. It can be uncomfortable when our milk comes in and baby can be a little overwhelmed as they are still learning and use to just the colostrum. You are doing Great keep up the good work and everything will be alright! breastfeeding

mering88
by Member on Oct. 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM
The warm shower helps. Is he fully awake when he's eating? I ask because at that age my ds was always sleeping and didn't really seem interested in eating, so we had to do things to try and get him to wake up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)