Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Has your child modeled?

Posted by   + Show Post
A scout from a modeling and acting school contacted us for an audition for my 5 year old. Out of curiosity we took him and they were interested in him for reasons that we didn't expect like he is small for his age and has a speech impediment so he could be cast as a younger child. He also has a unique look and they liked that too. Our two year old son is beautiful, but they said they prefer my 5 year old's looks because he is different. The other thing is he is outgoing and not shy.

I have never thought of him modeling, but now my dh is all excited about it. Not about him getting jobs, but about getting him classes and having those kind of experiences. Of course the school is pricey, but dh thinks that's okay, you get what you pay for. I think it's more like a scam to get our money. I also think it's a huge investment in time.

Anyone have any insight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Replies (11-11):
CoeyG
by on Oct. 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting Malley:

That's who it is. Did you think they are legit?

Quoting CoeyG:

My daughter modled for JRP a bit when she was in high school   Had she kept up her grades they would have kept her on but she let her grades slip so they let her slide...http://www.johnrobertpowers.net/

Very Legit.  Many major stars have gone through them.  Most of the Disney actors are through them.  And yes they stress good grades in school, some of their agents won't take on kids who get less than a 3.5 GPA.  That's where my daughter went wrong...her's in high school drop to 3.0 and she didn't bring it up and she wound up failing high school so they dropped her.  Too bad too because she is small sized and could pass as a young teen (she still gets carded) at 27.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)