Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 19: Spruce Up Your Kitchen

Posted by   + Show Post

The kitchen is often the center of many family activities! Adding just a few new (affordable) pieces can really brighten the mood. Today's challenge is to treat yourself to a new kitchen item!

Here are a few things you can do to spruce up your kitchen.

• Add a centerpiece to your kitchen table.
  • Buy a new set of kitchen curtains.  
  • Get a new mug for you!
  • Add a couple new kitchen towels.

Do you spend a lot of time in your kitchen? How often do you buy new things for your kitchen?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (31-40):
alnilam
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

on my wish list is a new stand mixer, I'm getting ready to paint, do new window treatments, put a new finsih on my cabinets and new pulls for doors and drawers, refinish the formica with a roll on, sand and seal coating and new tile, well of course Im going to want some new decorative items as well lol good thing I do it all myself so its not going to cost me alot ;)

othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

We don't buy stuff for the kitchen often. We did just buy a set of new to us chairs for our kitchen table. We love them!

ShhhItsASecret
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

yes i do, but my kitchen is small so i only bought what i really needed

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

No, I would say about 3.5 hours a week if that.  Don't buy things often for it either.

skippette14
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM
I got a new toaster, does that count?
kgalvano
by Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

hardly ever buy anything unless u called buying used counts

Shalavee
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I was happy when I figured out how to hook up my laptop to stream commercial free music with real speakers. I am just putting togehter my Christmas wish list and the first items are kitchen oriented. A new pot. A new lemon reamer. I get stuff for myself when i need it. But this close to Christmas, might as well give someone else the pleasure.

heartnhidin
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Our kitchen is the centet of the house. I have been looking for a bread box.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yes I do spend a goodly amount of time in their.  My kitchen could use some new accessories.  I did get a new sink rug a few months ago.

mommyto3bees
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Yes and no
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)