Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 19: Spruce Up Your Kitchen

Posted by   + Show Post

The kitchen is often the center of many family activities! Adding just a few new (affordable) pieces can really brighten the mood. Today's challenge is to treat yourself to a new kitchen item!

Here are a few things you can do to spruce up your kitchen.

• Add a centerpiece to your kitchen table.
  • Buy a new set of kitchen curtains.  
  • Get a new mug for you!
  • Add a couple new kitchen towels.

Do you spend a lot of time in your kitchen? How often do you buy new things for your kitchen?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (41-50):
md_1015
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Do buying new spices count. I ran out of a couple and had to restock.

Although I will say only a couple weeks ago I bought new dish rags and hand towels. And my grandmother bought me a cutting board since I didn't have one and it annoyed her whole she stayed here that I didn't have one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
philsmom196
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

every sixty days i try to spruce up my kitchen. added a small durable pretty towel, keep it shining cleanwearing crown

mp3mom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I ALWAYS get a new centerpiece for the island... it's always simple... like a place mat with a candle and fun pieces to surround it. Sometimes I don't even buy. I'll use a vase from the dollar store, put pine cones from last year in, and surround with tree trimmings and a couple of ornaments or ribbon.

the4mutts
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I spend a LOT of time in my kitchen. Unfortuntely, I can't afford to buy anything for it right now. I did make new curtains for it recently, from some material I had laying around, and I use candles & fruit for a table center piece most of the time.
shishie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I need new curtains

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

i have curtains and towels on my to buy list.

Janet
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen and dining room. I need new dish towels.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Oct. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I do need some new dish towels:)

eqwife
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM

the best i can do to spruce up my kitchen is to deep clean it, move the stove clean the curtains and table cloth as opposed to replacing them, wipe everything down, pull all the junk out of every drawer and cupboard and re organize them. clean out the fridge/freezer,  etc..

cowgirls10181
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM
I changed my kitchen around 2 months ago, landlord replaced everything! Love the new look!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)