Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 19: Spruce Up Your Kitchen

Posted by   + Show Post

The kitchen is often the center of many family activities! Adding just a few new (affordable) pieces can really brighten the mood. Today's challenge is to treat yourself to a new kitchen item!

Here are a few things you can do to spruce up your kitchen.

• Add a centerpiece to your kitchen table.
  • Buy a new set of kitchen curtains.  
  • Get a new mug for you!
  • Add a couple new kitchen towels.

Do you spend a lot of time in your kitchen? How often do you buy new things for your kitchen?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Replies (51-60):
frankiesma530
by Member on Oct. 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I love to buy new potholders and towels and sponges.  I don't know why.  I don't spend a lot of time in the kitchen, though.

witheredroses
by on Oct. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I cannot remember a time in my life where the kitchen was the center of family activity...  we usually had small kitchens growing up then when I was on my own I lived in three different places with large kitchens but by then the pattern prettymuch was the kitchen was for cooking and cleaning,,,we either ate in the dining room or living room   and yes I bought myself a new mug for tea...its pink with Ms. Brown M&M on it!!

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Whenever I see something I really like.

alyssaT325
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 9:15 AM

My kitchen needs a major re vamp! I think a brightly coloured rug would help it though.

PhyllisGB
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I have been adding items to my kitchen from my mom's house (she moved to nursing home last year).  My brother asked for all her dishes (I have my own beloved dishes) and he will get them!  But he offered me the gadgets.  Win-win.  I'm so blessed to have a generous brother.  I was given way more than the things he wanted. 

Anyway, his new wife is an awesome cook.  So, she'll get the cookware/pots & pans as well.

I buy mugs for myself at a shameful rate!

0Kit0
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM

We spend a lot of time in the kitchen. We rarely eat out. We're not missing out on much for the kitchen. Maybe a few gadgets can be updated. Oh, but I want an immersion blender or whatever those things are called.

divamommao
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I need to buy more dish towels, dish clothes, and pot holders..

lynettemommie4
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM

We just moved and i redid my kitchen so I just bought a bunch of stuff.

SassyLeigh
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I really want to redo the whole kitchen. Needs to be bigger!! I try to buy something here and there to help it be easier for me and others!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I am in there daily lol. I rarely buy new things though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN