Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Has anyone else had this happen to them? *TMI*

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been on Sprintec for 2 months now. I have been having problems with my cycle for about 4 months now. I've been bleeding every 2 weeks, NOW, i'm at the end of my pills, I'm not having anything at all now. I had a little spotting yesterday, and that was it. I haven't had any signs at all now. I'm not even swelled like I was. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think that even though I have a tubal, I should take a pregnancy test just to be sure? I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and they are a nurse. I explained what was going on, and they said, "you're pregnant. If you're taking birth control, even if you have a tubal it could have failed a while back and just got lucky to not get pregnant." So, If i don't start soon, i'm going to test to make sure. I'll be honest i was 'intimate with my husband 2 weeks ago. Should I test?

by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gblossom
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Might as well test, better safe then sorry :)

darkwhisper
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Yeah. It kind of scares me to think it could be positive though.

bbmkfo03
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Yes, I would test just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

brandi2781
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Any time I skip I take a test to be sure even with my tubes tied. Or if I just get to feeling off and can't explain it I take one. Usually about 3 a year lol, call me a little paranoid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I would test if I we're you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Sprintec is the off brand of ortho tri lo. I had probkems with it too. I can only take otl. Sounds like its too little hormones for you. Or it dosnt like the brand. Take a test and switch try something else so you can find whats best for your body.
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

So you were on birth control AND had a tubal? I would think it's more that the hormones from the bc are throwing your period off.

It can't hurt to test anyway, just to make yourself feel better.

robyann
by on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Yes I agree, you should test....at least to put your mind at ease. I knew a mom who got pregnant after a tubal ligation and she had a very healthy baby boy! She didn't even find out she was pregnant until about 6 months!

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Is that the generic for orthotricyclin? I'm pretty sure that's what I take and never had that happen. I'd go ahead and test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM

what is sprintec? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)