Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
elasmimi
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:41 PM

My problem is just the opposite; I get stressed because I have chronic pain, and find myself unable to do so many things that I need to do. I don't want to take narcotic pain meds. Any suggestions for dealing with this? (not asking for medical advice)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Stress causes me physical pain...my neck gets stiff, my stomach gets upset, and I get bad headaches. Is there a way to stop stress before it gets to that point?

myluvwy1
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Every single day seems to include some type of stress for me and it has been leaving a negative affect on my loved ones, friends and even people I meet. I don't know how to control it or my anger (I am also a worry wart) when it comes on out of nowhere and lingers.
SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I'm am a sahm and I don't get out of the house much maybe once a week, and that won't change anytime soon, I tend to get stressed about the condition of my house and yell at my three year old for not listening. I don't get much time for myself and I don't have many friends nor the money to go out and do things when I do start getting overwhelmed. I feel very stuck and people seem to think I'm making excuses on why I can't just do whatever to relax, but who is going to watch my kids while I do whatever to relax? My df is always out of town and everyone I know works during the week. Any advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
librarywizard
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I have a lot of stress and anxiety in my life, and I doubt myself a lot. Do you know any good coping skills for when I start to feel anxious?

mommyg97
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I worry a lot and, it causes stress. While a bath occasionally does help me relax, I can't take one 24/7. Same with running. Any tips?
1crazypregolady
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I have some questions! 1) When trying to conceive, it is said that when you are "trying" it brings on additional stress hormones that may actually prevent pregnancy. How do you stop "trying" in order to take the extra pressure and stress off of yourself? 2) What do you do about stress that comes at a time when there is no one to talk things over with? What is a good way to stay connected without being needy? 3) My husband and I really need a vacation! We never got a honeymoon and have been married now for three years. Money is tight now that we have a two year old but we really just need a good break. What can you do to get a vacation feeling and get a break from stress without spending a fortune? 4) Is it true hat clutter can cause stress? 5) We are stuck in the apartment lifestyle even though at our point in life we really need to expand to a house. I have no space to destress alone because everything is so cramped. Suggestions?   

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
If stress is causing problems in your marriage how do you help to relieve it?
sonnyswoman75
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Im recently divorced and moving to a new state what are some ways to keep the stress away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhiannonaisling
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Stress causes me physical pain and migraines and can also trigger asthma attacks. I have one child with autism and ADHD, another child with odd, ADHD and who may be autistic and my daughter has anxiety issues and
ADHD and goes back and fourth between hyperactivity and inattentiveness. Two of them are homeschooled through cava-la and altogether this makes for a very stressful environment. We cannot find a sitter who is willing to deal with all three on a regular basis and so we never get a break. The youngest who has moderate to severe autism is a runner, a Houdini, and a wanderer. Three of the more dangerous traits of autism, especially when combined because he can get through pretty much any lock to wander away and when you try to catch him he will run away.

I would appreciate any insight on making my life less stressful especially during school breaks.
starlynn2012
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Hello, my biggest stress is im a stay at home mom with four kids six and under and a fiance who works all the time. My biggest question is how do I minimize the stress or ways to deal with the stress so I can be a calmer happier mom to my kids ..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured