Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
  • 161 Replies
4 moms liked this

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wish2Be
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Stress causes me physical pain...my neck gets stiff, my stomach gets upset, and I get bad headaches. Is there a way to stop stress before it gets to that point?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

How can i not be so stressed when dealing with my daughter. I find myself getting upset over things i shouldnt be. 

iamfreeatlast
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:46 PM

What are some easy ways to release some of the stress at work? 

frankiesma530
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

What is a good way to destress in only a few minutes?  I get overwhelmed sometimes but don't have time to do the usual things I do to destress, such as walk, long baths, etc. 

mom-2-4boys
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM

What is the best way to prevent stress? For example if you know you will be in a situation that will be extremely stressful what kind of suggestions can you offer on how to head off the stress before it becomes overwhelming?

my3babes
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Quoting Wish2Be:

Stress causes me physical pain...my neck gets stiff, my stomach gets upset, and I get bad headaches. Is there a way to stop stress before it gets to that point?

I also have migraines from stress. I would like to know the answer to this as well.

stephy_85
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM
My husband is deploying early next year, it's his third one in five years. My question is what can I do since I am already stressing his deployment? This one just seems so much worse since I know what to expect and I am remembering how crappy it is since he is away training and we are away from family now. , not to mention our youngest son has some health issues we are trying to get addressed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I always carry tension in my neck&shoulders!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenniferlee_12
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

How do you deal with kids/people that just don't seem to hear you talk? It seems like I am always talking to a wall.

squirrelml
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

stress is in my life on a daily basis,between work and my daily chores in taking care of my handicap fiancee,it border lines me almost to a state of depression. Everything is in my lap all the time,stress is just a small part of my woes,any help would mean better health for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)