Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
patienceplz
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

What can I do when I feel myself "boiling over" with my daughter? When things are challenging, I am patience and patience and patience... tranquil pond, tranquil pond, tranquil pond.... breathe, breathe, breathe, and THEN... I freak out, yell, and feel like world's biggest failure of a mommy. I feel like one moment I can handle whatever she throws at me, and sometimes I do. Other times, a switch flips and I freak. Then I feel like I should be fired from mommy duties forever.

How do I keep that switch from flipping?

katielawlor
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Kristen, Whats the best way to manage a new marriage, an ever interrupting ex, a baby on the way and 2 boys, without being so stressed you take it out on the ones you love? Or without it harming the pregnancy? PLEASE HELP!!

katielawlor
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I would also like your advice on how, or what is a good way to get my husbands ex wife to stay out of our lives? After their divorce she moved 2 doors down and wont stop calling him and interfering. She's starting to cause fights between my husband and I. And i don't know what to do anymore!

ShirreeM
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM
How do handle stress with a new baby, a two years old and a three years old when they all need me at the same time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JaysMama2007
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:11 PM

What are some stress relief techniques a busy mommy of 8 month old twins and a 4 yr old can use while taking care of the children

Desirees_mom
by New Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I have Health Issues (Migraines, Poly-Arthritis/ possible RA, among quiet a few other items) Stress Can make all symptoms worse is there a way to destress when the activities that one used to use are not an option (like I love to sew and do art, and when I have flare ups I am unable to do those activities to destress) And the whole breathing and counting Doesnt work for me.. Ive tried walking and that even becomes painful and adds to stress at times.. I dont have time for baths, I Light candles and try to do aroma therapy. But I have been informed I have to much environmental stress... I do what I can...

Dayna29
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

How do I prevent my XH from stressing me out when he wants the kids. He tries not to tell me anything on where he is taking them. Now he has to have supervised visits, but I'm afraid he is going to blow up at me when he finds out.

Jasuzha
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:18 PM
How do you handle the stress of people crossing your boundaries.
mom5grandmanow
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

What is the best way to keep stress at minimal while restarting life over at 50, now empty nest , but still working 2 jobs that I did by way of transfers.

So I am new kid on my new block and also new kid at both jobs now.

Have no one but Significant Other for support right now.

mizkriz73
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 3:22 PM

My life has always been pretty stressful. I take steps to try and prevent the stress from taking over. Recently though it has gotten to the point where my steps are no longer helping and taking a hot bath to help me relax is no longer working. I don't have any real outlet for the pent up stress now. I am getting headaches and starting to have problems leaving my house because everytime I leave it seems something goes wrong. What else can I do? I have been on meds for this but they don't work well on me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)