Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (111-120):
siegmom
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 6:48 PM

am stressed from home cause am a young mom and not married yet. so i guess you can imagine what kind of life am living. anyways what do i do to lessen this burden inside me? what do i need to do to avoid such stressful life of everyday cermon from my mommy?

kerryanneo
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I always feel like I'm not doing enough (because what if I'm not?  Is there a checklist?  Do I win an award if I get universal approval for doing enough or more than enough?  Arghhhh!  See, I'm already stressed out...)!  I always feel guilty about it which stresses me out.  Any advice?

hollywood74
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM

i stress about everything from bills to being a new grandma. i stress and worry. i also get physical pain from stress. ive been told "just dnt think about it" but easier said than done. so i would also like to no how to stop my stress.

bungas
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I'm married the man with different ethnic with me. We use our national language to communicate. My husband loves me and we work together in raising our children.Big problems make me stressful badly come from my husband's family. All things should be seen from their ethnic's mirror. They are stereotype, underestimate others ethnics and always talk about people badness, blood ignorance mind. They do not respect my family, they said people from my ethnic are bad because of one, two, three cases they found in society. They influence my kids as well to select friends. If I defend my self  they will isolate me like before. I've talked this to my husband but he only say I should receive his family who the way they are. I isolated my self and kids from them due I can not change their mind set to be positive.  I'm lazy to come to family gathering due they never respect others including my family. I can't deal with people who do not respect others nor to me nor to my family . I'm stress because they are my husband's family. and I am so tired to wear " fake mask" in order to see good and fine. What should I do  to reduce my stress ? ? ? I want to run and run from them.

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:49 AM
This is me also. I won't eat either. Sometimes when I am extremely stressed I will end up losing 10# in a week due to not eating. I have to make myself eat. I also am more emotional and cry at the drop of a hat and I hate my stomach being in knots from stress.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Stress causes me physical pain...my neck gets stiff, my stomach gets upset, and I get bad headaches. Is there a way to stop stress before it gets to that point?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:50 AM

How do you destress?

superm0m877
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Stress is the number one problem in my life. I have too much on my plate, i know, but there is nothing I can do about it. Stress gets to me so bad that I mentally shut down and ignore/avoid everything at all costs. I've had stress in my life for so long that I cant mentally deal with it anymore. I now deal with anxiety because of it.  What are some good way to manage and deal with the overwelming amount of stress in my life? 

heartnhidin
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I have noticed when my four year old has a bad day, a lot of tantrums, not listening. I get stressed out easily. How can i avoid getting stressed out from this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Could stress be the reasion I feel on edge all the time?
elijahXmom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Court order of protection?

Quoting katielawlor:

I would also like your advice on how, or what is a good way to get my husbands ex wife to stay out of our lives? After their divorce she moved 2 doors down and wont stop calling him and interfering. She's starting to cause fights between my husband and I. And i don't know what to do anymore!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN