Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (121-130):
littleleesmom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM
How is the best way to deal with the big stresses in life like a move or having a new baby or in my case right now both?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZOOMZOOMCANTOR
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I just need to relax period Help how can I do that

I grew up stressful and have stayed that way

Zacknalexmom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM

How can I reduce stress in my life? I'm a divorced single mom with 2 kids. I work full time. Their father is not in their life,I have very few friends and lonely. I'm a introvert,I have not been on a date or had a boyfriend in over a year. Going on a date as a single mom just feels more like going for a job interview.

JennasMom657
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM

When I'm stress i get real aggervated n tense ect.

twinstartermom
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM
How can I live stress free with 3 kids while living with family?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
m0m23b0ys458
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I can't seem to get away from the stress.Some days it's all I can do not to bawl,but I know if I start,I won't stop.

The youngest has a play with the local theater group,MDS has a whole slew of issues all his own so you walk on eggshells just to not have to hear the meltdowns,ODS has to have back surgery and he's only 13.SS,who lives with us,is a special brand of pain in my butt.

DH is working himself to death and yet we never get anywhere.I need a job,but what's the point of getting a job,knowing I will be needed here to take care of ODS after his back surgery?

And to top all THAT off,I volunteered to go on a field trip with YDS and MDS school next Tuesday!!!

How in the world can I find time to destress in all this chaos?!?!??!

I should add that DH works 12 hour shifts and his work schedule changes every other week.And we have no family close that could help with the kids.

Pam_8787
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My body reacts to stress in so many ways. One way is insomnia. I have medication I take that can also cause insomnia but I notice that when I am not as stressed I can sleep better despite the medication I take that causes stress. Anyways I can make sure that I am as relaxed as possible before I go to sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bricaskitty96
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

OK, I have a family court case going on, in Ulster County NY. (Visitation) You probably heard how corrupt they are there......

I think I am being treated unfairly by the judge and the "assigned counsel" I have.  I made to move quite far and I have missed some conferences, but attended a couple via phone....

I mean the guy has lied to them through his teeth, the whole case. He started the case and knows my son or I want nothing to do with him...... and he doesn't make contact via anything!!!........

Who could I get help from?........ Noone knows any of my side I believe!!!.........

Thx in advance, I am sooooo stressed about this!!!

sick

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM
I'm a single mom and I have a special needs child and work full time, so I hardly see him. How do I get rid of that guilty feeling concerning taking time for myself? I always feel like a selfish spoiled brat who only thinks of herself when I consider going away from the house. I also hate having my mom watch him, because she watches him while I work already and hardly has time to herself and I DO NOT trust anyone else with my son. Hes nonverbal and could not tell me if he was abused in any way shape or form.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
penyetta
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I get stressed on my job working with kids and the aduts who lets the kids get away with every thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN