Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Q&A Giveaway! Ask the Stress Expert and You Could WIN!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Are you ready to reduce stress and maximize life? Whether you're dealing with some special challenges now, or you're just looking to make a change for the better, our expert is here to help!

Kristen K. Brown, relationship expert and author of the book The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life, will be here November 13th to offer her advice and answer your questions in this thread!

As a bonus, three moms who reply to this post to ask Kristen a question will win a copy of the book!

^Click the book to take a virtual book tour!

Please ask your questions for Kristen in the replies below. Kristen will post her answers here as well.

Welcome, Kristen, and thanks for joining us!

Giveaway rules:

• The Happy Hour Effect Giveaway starts 11/6/12 at 1pm (ET) and ends 11/16/2012 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • Three winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a copy of The Happy Hour Effect: 12 Secrets to Minimize Stress and Maximize Life.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 11/28/12.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Replies (41-50):
cricketdawn81
by Crystal on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:06 PM

How do I deal with the stress of a snotty, depressed teen, an ADHD 7 yr old, a 5 yr old on the Autism spectrum, plus 3 other "normal" kids???

babie113
by Jenny on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

my husband and i are ttc our second child .most of the family is thrilled for us but my husbands sister and my step daughter are creating a lot of stress for me about it . they dont like me and think having another baby is a bad idea even though we are financially stable .we are married have been for several years .we love each other very much . and we already have a 3 year old together who really wants a sibling.we have good insurance .im just not seeing what the problem is .other than they don't like me because im the second wife .i didn't cause the divorce either .any who the stress is not helping us ttc .and i don't know what to do .i don't know how to relax and not be upset by them .

rissamom224
by Brianna on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM
My stress is, my husband is unemployed. I pay all the bills I am the primary care taker of our kids and I go to school at night yet nobody in this house can keep a damn thing clean. I clean my home morning and night and on top of all that I got OCD so germs and a messy house kills me. I mean to the point I cry scream yell and become a complete psycho I've tried "talking" and "sharing what a messy house does to my anxiety" nobody gives a DAMN.
What can I do to not be uncontrollably angry at my family
everyday for their laziness?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM
I don't seen to know how not to be stressed. How can I relax on an everyday basis?
BratPunk
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Hi Kristen, I actually have a few questions and any help will be greatly appreciated. I am currently engaged and have a 3 year old son. I am presently working full time 55 hours a week. My fiancée stays home with our 3 year old and unfortunately can not work due to lawsuits from being injured on the job. The lawyers are fighting tooth and nail to get him money, as workers comp had cut him off over 2 years ago, but refused to look at other issues pertaining to his original injuries to his knees. Since then he has also developed back problems which prohibit him from working because he cannot stand or sit for extended periods of time with out having more pain than he already deals with on a daily basis. Granted we are lucky because we do not have the added expense of daycare but this still stresses me out alot because I have the only income. So how can I keep myself from becoming so stressed out that i snap at our son and my fiancée over stupid things? Secondly, e have been having a decent amount of arguments lately that are all because I am up at 4:30 am andwork till 3-3:30 pm Mon through Friday so by 9 pm I am so exhausted all I want to do is go to sleep, and the weekends at night is the same, sleep. Now what we have been arguing about is the amount of sex we have, he is getting upset because we either only have sex on Friday or Saturday night each week or once every 2 weeks and he is "sick and tired of having to "beg" for sex". Ever since I was pregnant with our son, my sex drive has been through the floor compared to how it was, wanting sex every day or every other day? What can I do?
skylahmylah
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
How can u control stress before you get so worked up and you start getting crazy thoughts ?? I always stress on life , the responsibility of being a mother of 6 , and just married life lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:32 PM
I find I have been multitasking and focusing on managing the kids and work for so long that I have forgotten how to even find activities I enjoy... When I get the time to destress, I don't even know what to do with myself. Any ideas on how to find the activities that you can enjoy to de-stress?
BratPunk
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Also, I forgot to add..... I'm the only one for the most part who does the dishes, cleans, folds and puts away laundry, cleans the bathroom etc. My hubby to be seems to think that just watching and caring for our 3 year old during the day and putting him to bed when I've already 0ssed out is enough. I feel like I have to do everything, and cater to our son and my fiancée hand and foot once I get home. I also want to add we are living with his grandmother whom has many medical issues on top of bring a diabetic who forgets to eat or take her insulin and both of her parents had Alzheimer's. She is showing signs of the Alzheimer's but won't do anything about it. She constantly picks fights over stupid stuff, like when she told us we could use a spare room for our son so he could have his own room, it just needed to be cleaned out. When we finally got around to attempt to clean out the room, she says she never said this, that we are taking over her house and trying to kick her out..... then proceeded to try to kick all of us out.
KristenHHE
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Hi Ladies! I am looking forward to chatting! Stay tuned for my responses!!

TempestRayne
by Member on Nov. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
How can I help my five year old deal with me working? I work two (and a half) jobs right now, one of them is out of the home and she is starting to be a bit of a problem to deal with. I already make sure to tell her good bye, give her a hug and a kiss and I also tell her when I will be home by.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)