Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My Guy friend.

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

backstory-

me and all my friends have been friends for years. like 10. And we were all pretty insestuous. my friend andrew met when he dated my best friend in highschool, we stayed friends after she broke his heart. i became friends afterwards with the girl who took his virginity, and ironically introduced her to the guy who took mine, they have two kids now. we are ALL still friends.Andrew even lived with us through my 2nd pregnancy. my 1st son knows him and loves him. he babysits for us.

lately theres been comments because me and my husband decided to give each other one night a week. i use mine to go out with andrew and my girlfriend (who took his virginity etc). When she can't go, we still go. other people are assuming im stepping out on my husband with him, and my husband is "making jokes" which i was always told that jokes start ut in a serious place.

I don't know how to handle the situation. i really don't want to loose my friends, ive lost so many by having children and getting married. they are trustworthy and loyal. But my husband makes jokes that are becoming concerning to me. When i want to talk about it he assures me they were just in jest.

wwyd?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2KandX
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:46 PM

incestuous ***

Bknotnobody
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Then take your husbands word for it. If he's okay with it, screw what others think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM

what does ". And we were all pretty insestuous"  mean?  As long as there is no physical or emotional cheating going on, keep hanging out once in awhile.

AngelicMommy_72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I totally understand whereeee youre coming from, I also would know what to do... Sory I couldn't be helpful, other than to say I would.ask my man once if he thought it was disrespectful. If he gave the slightest hint ... Eyes shifting, shrugging, that he did think it was "wrong"... I'd weigh the importance if his feelings in perty deeply. but his n only his opinions and feelings that matter. everyone else can just fuck off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
It's not how dh and I roll at all.

But if you two dig it, and you'd be fine with the shoe on the other foot then hey why not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2KandX
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

No physical or emotional cheating but me and the guy have done stuff, WHEN WE WERE TEENAGERS.

abusednotbroken
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM

It seems he's fine with it, but what if you could get a sitter and have your hubby go with you guys? I know it's not necessary, but why not enjoy the night with him too if you can?

BabySocks0912
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Just ask him. Point blank. If he trusts you, then do your thing. If he has concerns fix it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

The good news is then you didnt do anything incestuous , just typical teenager things.  If your husband is ok with being friends with a former intimate partner that is all that matters. Incest is when blood related family members are intimate with each other.

Quoting Mommy2KandX:

No physical or emotional cheating but me and the guy have done stuff, WHEN WE WERE TEENAGERS.

CoeyG
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM

First of all, you are aware that incest refers to sex between family members right?  So you didn't have an "incestuous" relationship with this guy or any other guy unless they were your father, brother, uncle or male cousin.  Maybe what you were trying to think of was tempestuous...

At any rate, you shouldn't be going out with any man  just you and he regardless of what type of a relationship you have with him.  You are married, period. the only man you should be going out with is your husband, period.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)