Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

On the patch and think im pregnant!

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 11 Replies

so i kinda think i messed up last month with my birth control patch. i didnt pick up my perscription in time and i put it on a few days late. me and my husband did the deed and didnt use protection. we have 2 kids already and i think im pregnant. how soon can i test if my period is supposed to be here in 3days.ive had m patch on for the last 3 weeks and its time to take it off  for my period. if i have the patch on then will that mess with the results? ive been nauseous and emotional i dont know if its all in my head or if i really could be pregnant. its just a feeling but with the past 2 pregnancies i knew i was pregnant before i took the test. intuition. i guess what im asking is when should i take the test and will the patch effect the results?

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Any type of hormonal birth control can make you feel pregnant. 
If you are late, take the test, if you are not late, wait.

mylilgooberpea
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:19 PM
No the patch will not effect the results, no bc does. you can test now your AF is 3 days away use First responce early responce they are sensitive enough for 5 days before your missed period. Use your first morning urine its the most concentrated or go pee then hold it for 4 hours not eating anything high in liquid content or drinking anything during that tine frame. Gl! Any pink on the test line is a positive result no matter how light. Id test now being on bc while preggo is no bueno for the baby. Let us know im nosy and LOVE to see pics of tests!
mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM

You could go to your doctor and have a blood test if you want accurate results ASAP.

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I have no experience with that but you could get a blood test done. =)

jdfmommy
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:07 PM

This!! and i want to know too lol!

Quoting mylilgooberpea:

No the patch will not effect the results, no bc does. you can test now your AF is 3 days away use First responce early responce they are sensitive enough for 5 days before your missed period. Use your first morning urine its the most concentrated or go pee then hold it for 4 hours not eating anything high in liquid content or drinking anything during that tine frame. Gl! Any pink on the test line is a positive result no matter how light. Id test now being on bc while preggo is no bueno for the baby. Let us know im nosy and LOVE to see pics of tests!

sktrowb
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I would test
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilahall
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

thanks girls! i will let you know when i know. im hoping im not bc i have a 2yr old and a 10month old. def wasnt planning on anymore ever but i will be happy if i am and love it just the same as my other 2 babies!

ilahall
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

well i am not pregnant just had a very late period! thank you everyone for your support!

mylilgooberpea
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Messing up being late putting on the patch will do that. :)
babie113
by Jenny on Dec. 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

you can test now with most early result tests or dollar store tests just avoid the blue dye tests .literally every blue dye test i have ever taken (im a poas adict so a lot) comes out with a faint positive line but not the pink dye tests .good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN