Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need ideas on selling Avon

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
  • 10 Replies

Iam a stay at home mother of two toddlers and I just recently started selling Avon. I actually enjoy it! But I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to get more costumers with out spending aot of money?? I would really like to build a career out of Avon any tips?? Thanks

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NeverABreak
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't disciplined enough and didn't have a large enough social network. Church was my major selling point. Focus on skincare. Don't give in to the new promotional items! My sales team was constantly selling me on items and I still can't get rid of my stuff and I haven't sold in over a year. Actually, if you need a huge stash of Avon bags, I might be able to give you some if you live in my area.

bamamom474
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Well I had alot of ideas on places to sell in my area but most of them said a lady already came by but I still leave some items.. I also want to build a team for my area and get it were everyone knows me but I cant spend lot of money while doing it. I even tried the door t door but I gave up on it real quick because I felt so out of place lol ! Do you live in Alabama?

Quoting NeverABreak:

I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't disciplined enough and didn't have a large enough social network. Church was my major selling point. Focus on skincare. Don't give in to the new promotional items! My sales team was constantly selling me on items and I still can't get rid of my stuff and I haven't sold in over a year. Actually, if you need a huge stash of Avon bags, I might be able to give you some if you live in my area.

NeverABreak
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Nope, I'm in Texas. I know doctors offices are a great place to leave your catalogs. I would personally ask the front desk receptionist if you could leave your brochure there. Not so much for permission, but that way the staff knows there's an Avon book there and they can go through it if there's some down time.

Since it's the holiday time, you could look into making gift baskets or charge an extra fee for gift wrapping.

Quoting bamamom474:

Well I had alot of ideas on places to sell in my area but most of them said a lady already came by but I still leave some items.. I also want to build a team for my area and get it were everyone knows me but I cant spend lot of money while doing it. I even tried the door t door but I gave up on it real quick because I felt so out of place lol ! Do you live in Alabama?

Quoting NeverABreak:

CoeyG
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this

You're never going to make money with Avon if you're not prepared to spend it up front.  Both myself and my daughter sold it  and gave it up.  You will spend way more than you will get in commission.  If you are in it for the money, find something else. 

bamamom474
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Gift wraping is a great idea. I done very well this go around I just need to keep coming up with new stuff. I have even thought about doing some kinda party for like family and friends. 

Quoting NeverABreak:

Nope, I'm in Texas. I know doctors offices are a great place to leave your catalogs. I would personally ask the front desk receptionist if you could leave your brochure there. Not so much for permission, but that way the staff knows there's an Avon book there and they can go through it if there's some down time.

Since it's the holiday time, you could look into making gift baskets or charge an extra fee for gift wrapping.

Quoting bamamom474:

Quoting NeverABreak:

bamamom474
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

No it is really not for money just for fun since I stay at home with my kids. But Idont want to spend large amounts of money.

Quoting CoeyG:

You're never going to make money with Avon if you're not prepared to spend it up front.  Both myself and my daughter sold it  and gave it up.  You will spend way more than you will get in commission.  If you are in it for the money, find something else. 

CoeyG
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Quoting bamamom474:

No it is really not for money just for fun since I stay at home with my kids. But Idont want to spend large amounts of money.

Quoting CoeyG:

With Avon you have to purchase what you sell.  You hand in the orders you get,they give you the products, you get paid for those products and you give Avon the money, they pay you a commission on the products you seel  and if someone stiffs you, and doesn't  pay for product you still have to pay for it.  Tead that contract a few times before you sign...again you're not going to make any money selling Avon and it isn't all that fun. 

Paparazzi5bling
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Hi - I have been selling Avon for 3 1/2 years.  At points I did great with it, and at points I haven't done anything with it at all.  Since there are sooooooooooo many Avon reps it can be hard to gain a new customer base as most of the customers are extremely loyal to their representatives.  All I can tell you is provide the best customer service so they don't go somewhere else!  But since mine has been horrible since we moved (the UPS guy told me there are ton of reps here) I started selling Paparazzi Accessories.  I love love love that!  Everything is $5 + tax so it's affordable, I make 45% on all sales, no catalogs to order and distribute so I find it much easier.  Last weekend I did 2 home parties for friends who never wanted to order Avon from me or host parties but they love the jewelry - I had $370 in sales and $184 in profit after hostess gifts.  

fullofhope1
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM
Hi. With social networking you can sign people up under you and make a commission on what they make. You just have to do a lot of online marketing. And each month it will grow. I wouldn't spend money unless its on catalogs until you get your business rolling. Check out my tips for that there is a lot of ways to deal with that https://fullofhopeblog.wordpress.com/ it's called understanding your target market.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crr317
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I started selling avon and also candles. I havent had much luck with avon but doing better with the candles, with Avon people either love it or hate it! . But you can have business cards made and hand them and samples out to small business. always carry books with you can have you and your friends tell everyone you sell avon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)