Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

frustrated Momma, please help

Posted by   + Show Post

Prego and 22month who will not sleep at night Any thoughts on how to help a sleep deprived stubborn little boy to sleep at night. he wakes up any where from 2:30-4 am and will not go back to sleep.. I have eliminated other problems such as room problems, darkness,hungery pains. I refuse to co-sleep because I still not get good night sleep. my husband works and i do not want to wake my other 3 year old son. So it just feels like i have give into my youngest son to keep him from screaming so everyone can get some sleep.. I've tried the crying out method which did and does not work for him. the going in every little while and that didn't work.. He is getting up because he needs more sleep but he won't get more sleep.. Please Help 

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
cricket9010
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I feel routine is most important. I have 2 children ages 4 and 3. They both slept through the night since they were 3mo. I started with "quite time" a half hour before bed. No tv, lights down low, no loud noise. My routine was.....dinner, play time for half hour while I cleaned up, bath, 10min of play, once again so I could clean up. Ugh! Then quite time. We read books during our quite time. Then potty and bed. When I tuck them in they each get a bit of "mommy and me time" we lay together on their bed and talk about their day and what to expect in the morning. They are usually sleeping by 7:30pm and are up by 5:30-6am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmccrea
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Did you do the Ferber Method?  It has steps, rather than just letting them "cry it out."  

shajdinyak
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Sorry momma! I feel ur pain.as I can count on two hands how many runway four,year old slept through the night. She was similar to ur son at that age. At this point when she Wakes one of us just stays in there with her in order to get sleep. Some kids just have sleep issues.Hugs no sleep is awful, especially when pregnant. No sleep unfortunately has been our,way of life,for four years. Hope u figure something out to get sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN