Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How involved is your husband with the kids/is he a good father? I need advice!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi everyone, I would like to know from all you moms out there how good of a father your husband is to your children? How involved is he? How much time does he spend with them and what types of activities does he do with them? Also, does he work full-time and if he does, does he still spend most of his free time with the kids in the weekends? If you have a baby, is he natural at taking care of him/her? Does he do anything in the household or is that 'your task'? I know these are alot of questions but I really would love some answers. I'm in a situation where I feel like my husband just doesn't put in enough time and effort with our 3 yr old and our 10 month old twins. He lets me do everything, I have to ask for his help all the time and he doesn't naturally play with them or spend alot of time with them. He's disrespectful in ways of leaving clothes on the floor, doesn't put his shit away, never helps me with dishes, even though i cook...and most of the time i put all three kids to bed by myself and when we have to go somewhere im always the one getting the kids ready and that's ALOT of work with three boys. I'm just sick of it, tired. Like having a fourth child. Not to mention he gets mad when I don't have time or don't feel like being intimate. I'm at the end of my rope but wanna do anything to save my family, just for my kids sake. Any comments and advice is welcome!

Thanks so much!

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Replies (31-33):
SweetMama823
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Yes hubby is so much more involved than he used to be yrs ago. I just let him know what i need and he's to it. He has a busy, long work days but with four kids 13, 9, 7, 4, i need all the help from him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfulmom03
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Thank you @ mommyof4. Good to know I'm not alone because most of the replies I'm getting are "he's an amazing father etc".. I have felt the same realizing if I'd be better off as a single mom because I wouldn't have that extra stress and frustration every day of him not helping. At least when it's just me I know I have to do it all. Now I'm constantly STILL expecting help from him. @mmccrea yes he will help when I ask. He changes diapers every now and then. He feeds them when we're out and hold me plays with them when we're out. But at home it's all different. I'm a SAHM but we run a business together so I do work on the side quite a few hours a week. Sometimes when I work he will 'play' with the kids which means, sit on the couch and watch t.v. Or videos other them. But he won't actually really do any activities with them. As soon as he 'takes over' its video time and I don't want that. He takes our 3 Yr old out by himself on rare occasion. He does do grocery shopping by himself sometimes and then I'll ask him to bring our 3 yr old. I just want him to be there after work from 5-8 to spend time with the kids and bathe them or help bathing. Read to them, put them to bed. I do it all alone all day so why can't he do that for only 3 hrs a day. About the disrespect, I think every man with a brain can understand that leaving your shit lying around everywhere and then his wife asking him to pick it up a million times and still won't.. Is disrespectful and inconsiderate. He's 30 not another child. My 3 yr old helps me more in the house than his father. He helps me with laundry, hands me dishes and helps me cook. Ashe loves to sweep the kitchen floor. I don't ask him, he wants to help. Sometimes that's just a shocking statement. My 3 yr old is the most amazing kid in the world so I am grateful for a lot. I don't ask for much. I'm very easy going and all I want is a good, involved, active father for my children. They deserve it so much

joyfulmom03
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Sorry for the typos. Typing from an IPad..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN